Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

New William Control Album Delayed

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/25/13)
William Control's new album The Neuromancer has been delayed. The full letter from William explaining why is in the replies.
Part of the problem is I canít stay in one place long enough to properly listen to the mixes, approve them and have whatever changes made in a timely fashion. Itís quite infuriating and at this rate the record will not come out on time. So Iíve decided to delay the release until I can gather all of the pieces of this little endeavor and get them out at the same time.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
11:49 AM on 11/25/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Letter From WilliamAs most of you know I finished making a new record last month before I left on tour. With regards to production and song writing, “The Neuromancer” is definitely the best William Control album to date. That’s why it pains me to tell you that you’re going to have to wait a little longer before you get to hold it in the palms of your desiring hands.

I thought I could make it work, and very nearly was able to mix, master and send it off to print whilst being on the road, but that has proven quite difficult as most of you know, I am only human.

Part of the problem is I can’t stay in one place long enough to properly listen to the mixes, approve them and have whatever changes made in a timely fashion. It’s quite infuriating and at this rate the record will not come out on time. So I’ve decided to delay the release until I can gather all of the pieces of this little endeavor and get them out at the same time.

I definitely do not want to have to do this but I’d rather you get what you ordered and have it be the best that it can be and I hope you can understand that.

I know some of you are going to hate me. My apologies in advance.

Now for the people who have already pre-ordered the album, you have two options:

1: If you have enough patience to wait for me to get all of this together, I will send you two bonus tracks that will not be included on the album, plus a digital version of the book “Revelator”.

2: If you simply cannot wait for me to get this altogether, I am willing to refund you. Please email a copy of your order form and PayPal information to: Info@williamcontrol.com

This completely sucks. I know. It sucks for me too. I was really looking forward to sharing this album with you as soon as possible but I would rather give you a superior product, than something I rushed out just to make a couple of bucks.
The new release date will be announced in the coming weeks and it will most likely be sometime in March? I am heading out again on tour in April, I can’t say with who yet… But you’re definitely going to like it.

It will be worth the wait… I promise.

All my love
William
12:06 PM on 11/25/13
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
I never would have thought he'd still be around in 2013. Props to him for staying relevant.
02:52 PM on 11/25/13
Lightsout911X
Expect me standing tall
User Info.
The question is, does anyone care?
04:37 PM on 11/25/13
BroChill69
User Info.
Wil is a good dude. Whether you like his music or not, you gotta respect his ability to connect with his fans and keep putting material out with no label backing. Respect.
04:52 PM on 11/25/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
love his unique style & he's so amazing live
06:32 PM on 11/25/13
Greninja
Makes a Splash!
User Info.
The question is, does anyone care?
BVB fans.
10:13 PM on 11/25/13
signal to noise
User Info.
dude will always get hate on this site but he totally rules. Aiden went strong for way past what people thought their expiration date was, and got better with each record. the William Control solo stuff is great as well, and its very cool to him to be honest about the issue with the record and pretty much go way out of his way to keep the fans happy over the delay. plenty of other bands would explain the issue and leave it at that.
11:33 AM on 11/30/13
HyperactiveYout
Your twisted change is normal.
User Info.
Him and his guitarist tried to buy my Deadsy shirt off of me last time I saw them. As silly as this band is, I'm glad that they give props to the bands that came before them.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests