Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
08:28 AM on 11/26/13
ACA
Next Show: Circa Survive @ NYC 7/17
User Info.
Riot Fest has been the greatest concert each year in the last two years. It's about twice as expensive if you wait til September, so might as well pull the trigger now, no way I'd miss it in 2014.
09:03 AM on 11/26/13
ACA
Next Show: Circa Survive @ NYC 7/17
User Info.
I've never paid "VIP" or "upgraded" tickets for anything -- I think it's still the stubborn young teenager in me who grew up listening to nothing but punk and paying $5 for shows. I mean, AFI was in a freezing pool of mud at Riot Fest last year.. but it is what it is, and it was fucking awesome. I think a lot (of course, not all) of the "music isn't what it used to be" sentiments from adults is directly tied to how they refuse to engage in the fun parts of concerts anymore. I'm fine with sitting for Death Cab for Cutie, but why even bother seeing a band like Pennywise if you're going to sit in the back or stand in some roped off area?

That being said, it looked like VIP might have had some cool perks, including cleaner bathrooms (especially for girls) and no lines for concessions (which means you can see more music). I think some drinks and lockers were even complimentary for the VIPs.

$23/day is unbelievably cheap for something as awesome as Riot Fest, spending a few bucks more for VIP doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests