AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Blink 182 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Blink-182 Will Experiment Next Time

Posted by - 12:35 PM on 11/27/13
Tom Delonge has said in a new interview that Blink 182 is ready to "take risks again" as they record their new album.
“After that we did the Neighborhoods record, and we didn’t do that [experiment together] – we weren’t even in the same studio aside for like three days. So this next record, what we’re gonna do is repeat that [the Blink-182 recording experience]. That’s why we wanted to bring back [Blink-182]. We’re about to embark on the exact same trip [as the self-titled record], so I think that’s exciting.”

Submitted by delvec19

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 53
12:40 PM on 11/27/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Interesting.
12:42 PM on 11/27/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
OMG I can't waaaiiittttt
12:48 PM on 11/27/13
dantedmc3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is exaclty what i have forever dreamed of.
Those 3 guys need to lock themeselves in a House for like some months and start experimenting.
Basically repeat the process the used back in 2003. And that doesnt mean to make an identical 2003 record ( even though i would not have a problem with that) but really challenge themselves like they did back then and hope for the best.
Aside from that, i know that they are not the same Live anymore as they used to and thats totally fine cause they are 38 and 40 years old. And im fine with toms "NEW voice" he is still capable of singing good enough for a killer album. Everyone reaches a peak at which their "screaming" ability is at its best and then falls. Although it different for everyone of course.
Sidenote : i was listening to cat stevens again the other day and looked up some of his performances in 2013 as yusuf. His voice is like identical to his old one back in 1970. But that maybe because he stopped singing for a good amount of years. ( i think 1980 to like 1997).
And also because he never screamed to strain his voice.
Anyways this is my First post here and i think i might have gone on an overkill with this message.
12:50 PM on 11/27/13
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
Let's all overhype this.
12:50 PM on 11/27/13
Bi11 Lumburgh
User Info.
This is exaclty what i have forever dreamed of.
Those 3 guys need to lock themeselves in a House for like some months and start experimenting.
Basically repeat the process the used back in 2003. And that doesnt mean to make an identical 2003 record ( even though i would not have a problem with that) but really challenge themselves like they did back then and hope for the best.
Aside from that, i know that they are not the same Live anymore as they used to and thats totally fine cause they are 38 and 40 years old. And im fine with toms "NEW voice" he is still capable of singing good enough for a killer album. Everyone reaches a peak at which their "screaming" ability is at its best and then falls. Although it different for everyone of course.
Sidenote : i was listening to cat stevens again the other day and looked up some of his performances in 2013 as yusuf. His voice is like identical to his old one back in 1970. But that maybe because he stopped singing for a good amount of years. ( i think 1980 to like 1997).
And also because he never screamed to strain his voice.
Anyways this is my First post here and i think i might have gone on an overkill with this message.

Tl; dr
12:51 PM on 11/27/13
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
i look forward to the album
12:52 PM on 11/27/13
harsh reality
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Grown adults who want to pretend being 13 again are stoked.

Actual 13-year olds don't care at all.
12:52 PM on 11/27/13
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
User Info.
Where are the folks that got so upset anytime someone mentioned that blink was never in the studio at the same time during the recording of Neighborhoods. I am sure, even though all 3 members have said it, people will still refuse to believe it.
12:55 PM on 11/27/13
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
I like where their heads are at, attempting to channel that inspiration from their Self Titled (or is it untitled?). Also glad they're not rushing for the sake of appeasing fans.
12:56 PM on 11/27/13
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
People who experiment get STDs.
12:59 PM on 11/27/13
dantedmc3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like where their heads are at, attempting to channel that inspiration from their Self Titled (or is it untitled?). Also glad they're not rushing for the sake of appeasing fans.
Yes i agree with this. Personally i have High hopes for what is coming. But then again i have had to deal with a lot of let downs. Of course this is just my opinion.
01:07 PM on 11/27/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
01:07 PM on 11/27/13
TAI182
User Info.
I hope this actually happens.
01:09 PM on 11/27/13
dantedmc3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I see :D
Ill just compress what i want to say next time.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos