Username
Password
My Chemical Romance News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
My Chemical Romance
Inside AP.net

Gerard Sheds Light on My Chemical Romance Split

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/27/13)
In the replies is a video with Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance that actually sheds some light on the band's break-up.

Submitted by Fun Ghoul

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51
12:57 PM on 11/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
01:07 PM on 11/27/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
Cool to see this. Though I've enjoyed everything they've put out, The Black Parade still edges out as my favorite album by them. Apparently, he thinks so too lol.
01:16 PM on 11/27/13
Shenevercalled
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kind of what I figured. The Black Parade IS My Chemical Romance, you can tell it was his baby, start to finish. I'm just surprised he still wrote such good music, even when he wasn't really enjoying himself.
01:30 PM on 11/27/13
xjulianx89
Play that tune
User Info.
What is the consensus for their best album, anyways? I haven't listened to them in years, but I really loved The Black Parade back in the day.
01:32 PM on 11/27/13
RobotOrel213
Born Howling, Still Swinging
User Info.
What is the consensus for their best album, anyways? I haven't listened to them in years, but I really loved The Black Parade back in the day.
I think that opinions are pretty evenly split for The Black Parade and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Also, has anyone else noticed that I Brought You My Bullets on CD is out-of-print now and people have been selling them for 50 bucks a pop?
01:44 PM on 11/27/13
scott!athedisco
User Info.
I liked his "shitty drums" rant haha
01:46 PM on 11/27/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
IMO three cheers is their masterpiece
01:53 PM on 11/27/13
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
This is so old.
01:57 PM on 11/27/13
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
Personally, I know way more Revenge fans than BP fans. Even though Parade was their defining mainstream album, I feel like at their core, Revenge is where they'll always fall in the "great" category for me. Had Revenge never existed I definitely wouldn't have been as into them as I was because I feel like personally, that album was a gateway to Parade. I wouldn't have understood the band as much without it.
01:58 PM on 11/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Month old from being uploaded, only 2k views, just got submitted yesterday.
02:01 PM on 11/27/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I feel Three cheers was the most "them" they were ever going to be, but I love TBP and think it's a pretty special record. I can totally see why they, as the band, think it was their best work. I haven't watched this yet so I don't know if he touched on it, but I do sort of wish they would've just wrapped it up after TBP. Just because I feel that they pretty much conquered the world and took everything as far as it would go. Afterwards, DD felt sort of forced and lacking in both personality and quality.

Edit: Watching now. I didn't check out any press for DD, so I forgot how much I like hearing this dude talk. Gerard is definitely the man. Loved hearing the bit about the abandoned concept record, I bet they would have pulled that off flawlessly.
02:05 PM on 11/27/13
livinginpixels
User Info.
Wow - He's actually really articulate
02:05 PM on 11/27/13
sowrongitsjack
Framework
User Info.
i love the concept of the last album - i'm a huge fan of dark imagery like that - i think that three cheers is still their best work.

also, is it me or has gerard slightly put some weight back on? he became so thin during danger days?
02:14 PM on 11/27/13
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
I don't blame him. TBP is their magnum opus. Easily their best record.

Also, I say this in every gw post, but he could still get it
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News