Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

BBC Sound Of 2014

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (12/02/13)
The BBC Sound of 2014 longlist has been revealed and can be seen in the replies. Some fantastic artists including Royal Blood, Nick Mulvey, Banks, Sampha and Chloe Howl are included.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
05:07 AM on 12/02/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Long List
  • Banks
  • Chance The Rapper
  • Ella Eyre
  • George Ezra
  • FKA Twigs
  • Chloe Howl
  • Jungle
  • Kelela
  • MNEK
  • Nick Mulvey
  • Royal Blood
  • Sampha
  • Say Lou Lou
  • Luke Sital-Singh
  • Sam Smith
05:10 AM on 12/02/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.

05:24 AM on 12/02/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Particularly impressed by Banks and Royal Blood. Chlöe Howl sounds promising too, thanks for the discovers
05:26 AM on 12/02/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Particularly impressed by Banks and Royal Blood. Chlöe Howl sounds promising too, thanks for the discovers
You're welcome, they are all great. I think Royal Blood are gonna have a big year next year. Haven't stopped playing "Out Of The Black" the past couple of weeks. Chloe Howl makes me swoon.
05:33 AM on 12/02/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Liking Royal Blood, although this list seems disappointing compared to previous years.
06:00 AM on 12/02/13
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Liking Royal Blood, although this list seems disappointing compared to previous years.
I'm not sure if disappointing is how I feel exactly; it's more smaller time/unknowns than I've seen in previous years. FKA Twigs is fantastic though imo and Chance/Sam Smith are having a banner year, so I'm thinking they're the most likely to win. Definitely checking the rest of these out though.
06:21 AM on 12/02/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Really hope Sam Smith doesn't win. I like this list a lot.
06:26 AM on 12/02/13
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
Nick Mulvey is awesome. Saw him open up for Laura Marling a couple months back. He seems like a really intelligent fellow too and his guitar rhythms are very interesting and very diverse.

That being said, i don't think this list ever has enough loud guitar music. People at Radio 1 keep complaining it's dead. of course it is if you're not playing it.
06:28 AM on 12/02/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Nick Mulvey is awesome. Saw him open up for Laura Marling a couple months back. He seems like a really intelligent fellow too and his guitar rhythms are very interesting and very diverse.

That being said, i don't think this list ever has enough loud guitar music. People at Radio 1 keep complaining it's dead. of course it is if you're not playing it.
I agree, he was so good. Almost the highlight of the evening for me. Met him after too, such a nice chap. Cover him quite a bit/ in touch with his "people" and I'm always in love with what he releases. Can't wait for his debut.
07:02 AM on 12/02/13
Spenny
Hearts without chains.
User Info.
I usually know most of the acts on the longlist, but on this one I've only ever heard of Chance, and I don't even listen to his music. Guess I have some new music to discover!
07:37 AM on 12/02/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I usually know most of the acts on the longlist, but on this one I've only ever heard of Chance, and I don't even listen to his music. Guess I have some new music to discover!
The ones I mentioned I really love.
07:37 AM on 12/02/13
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
I'll root for Sampha always and desperately want some new SBTRKT in my life, but that Royal Blood track above is hot.
09:38 AM on 12/02/13
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
Royal Blood have such a Muse vibe to them.
09:49 AM on 12/02/13
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
Fantastic list of artists; BANKS, MNEK, Sampha, and Sam Smith are all favs of mine. BANKS, MNEK, and Sam Smith all have albums coming out next year; 2014 will be a great year for music.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests