Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Weird that gear wasn't stolen.
02:32 PM on 12/02/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I used to hate cell phones but now I hate van breakins.
03:40 PM on 12/02/13
clonesick
User Info.
I love Chicago. I live here and love it.

The main problem and issue with Chicago is the south side, often where bands tend to play. Bottom Lounge / Reggies are great venues but in a pretty shitty area. It's unfortunate that these issues keep popping up for these bands.

Not all of Chicago is shit. All the murders and awful shit you hear on the news, 90% occurs on the south side. Just sticking up for my city here. :)
04:13 PM on 12/02/13
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
I don't know what NJ's van was last night, but it seems most band robberies take place in Wicker Park. This really sucks because that's where some of the best Chicago venues are.
06:10 PM on 12/02/13
perceptrons
[ ]
User Info.
Fuck every single one of you Chicago haters.

I love Chicago. I live here and love it.

The main problem and issue with Chicago is the south side, often where bands tend to play. Bottom Lounge / Reggies are great venues but in a pretty shitty area. It's unfortunate that these issues keep popping up for these bands.

Not all of Chicago is shit. All the murders and awful shit you hear on the news, 90% occurs on the south side. Just sticking up for my city here. :)
South side is the best side.

Also, unrelated, I much prefer "burgled" to "burglarized." Missed opportunity is all I'm saying.
06:10 PM on 12/02/13
towniecore
Shreddin that Gnar.
User Info.
Shirts on their band merch store are $10.77 right now with real cheap shipping. Help these dudes out!!
06:26 PM on 12/02/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
Well, if it was in Chicago, Julius Pepperwood will surely crack the case.

11:33 PM on 12/02/13
TheSkyline
www.pillowtalktn.bandcamp .com
User Info.
man chicago has been insane these last few weeks. so many burglaries.
06:57 AM on 12/03/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
as someone who is born and raised in Chicago it is not that bad.

No one is placing any blame on the band. People forget that this is the 3rd largest city and assume that leaving laptops out in the open is fine.
08:12 AM on 12/03/13
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Also this shows it can happen to even "bigger" bands, not just VFW sized bands. Sucks because there isn't much you can do considering how shady regions that surround venues can be and how the cost of security in the form of a guarded lot or otherwise can be too much for bands that barely break even to begin with.
Can you clue me into to what Veterans of Foreign Wars has to do with why band venues are referred to as VFW Halls? All I can find is long island music scene stuff.
09:28 AM on 12/03/13
SkullsSkulls
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can you clue me into to what Veterans of Foreign Wars has to do with why band venues are referred to as VFW Halls? All I can find is long island music scene stuff.

I'm not sure if you're mixed up, or I've just missed something. I don't know of any venues being referred to as VFW Halls, aside from actual VFW Halls that smaller bands tend to frequent on tours. I had a band back in the day that did regional touring and would hit up VFW Halls for many dates of our tours. Think back to Get Up Kids lyrics for Eastern Standard Time.

Hope this helps. If not, I hope someone can help the both of us.
09:34 AM on 12/03/13
kmonkey2
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Where did they play?

I love Chicago and don't think this is a issue specific to there at all. It is unfortunate that bands' vans continue to get broken in to and its unfortunate no matter where it takes place.
10:38 AM on 12/03/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Another one in Chicago.

Chicago is such a shitty city. The guys in Such Gold last night kept calling it Chi-raq.

Stop acting like a bitch. If you don't like where you live then fucking move. You are lucky to live in a place as nice as where we do.

Damn, what a bummer. Fuck Chi town.

BRB, grabbing one news story so that I can hyperbole it into a reason to hate your whole city too.
11:05 AM on 12/03/13
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
Stop acting like a bitch. If you don't like where you live then fucking move. You are lucky to live in a place as nice as where we do.
I live in the suburbs and I'm completely fine with where I live.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums