Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 39 of 39
02:44 PM on 12/03/13
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
I'm not sure if you're mixed up, or I've just missed something. I don't know of any venues being referred to as VFW Halls, aside from actual VFW Halls that smaller bands tend to frequent on tours. I had a band back in the day that did regional touring and would hit up VFW Halls for many dates of our tours. Think back to Get Up Kids lyrics for Eastern Standard Time.

Hope this helps. If not, I hope someone can help the both of us.
This helps immensely. Thanks man! Good clarity.
04:43 PM on 12/03/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Stop acting like a bitch. If you don't like where you live then fucking move. You are lucky to live in a place as nice as where we do.

BRB, grabbing one news story so that I can hyperbole it into a reason to hate your whole city too.

I can list off at least 4 bands who got robbed in Chi-town. It's a occurring theme. I love the deep dish but yeah- fuck Chicago ha
05:01 PM on 12/03/13
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
Doesn't seem like anyone's posted this, but they've released an official statement.

Quote:
We lost some money yes but we don’t want any of you bringing us money... There are people in the world way more in need. Give your money donations to them.

I respect that.
08:51 PM on 12/03/13
Josh1279
User Info.
Guys, sorry to read that you were robbed in Chicago. I haven't read much about other bands getting ripped off in the Chicago area, except the allegations about Victory Records! Ya, I went there...couldn't resist!

BTW, the official statement showed real class.
09:55 PM on 12/03/13
xjdizzle
User Info.
Seems like every robbery is happening in Chicago now. Fucking A
Yeah i cannot wait till conceal-carry passes through ! That will make the scum in this shit-hole think twice now that people will legally be able to protect themselves as well as their belongings. Either way i will be moving to Austin or San Diego in 2 years. Even in the suburbs around the city it's getting bad.
11:27 PM on 12/03/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Yeah i cannot wait till conceal-carry passes through ! That will make the scum in this shit-hole think twice now that people will legally be able to protect themselves as well as their belongings. Either way i will be moving to Austin or San Diego in 2 years. Even in the suburbs around the city it's getting bad.
I mean I've lived around Chicago my whole life (and now in the city for school) so I'm familiar with the suburban situation; it's been shitty in sections of Joliet and the near south side like Dolton and Harvey and what not. Even my buddy got jumped in Roscoe Village a couple of months ago, which is basically one of the safest neighborhoods in the city. It truly does suck because I love so much else about Chicago and the reputation we get is not representative of how many positives there are.
09:12 PM on 12/04/13
xjdizzle
User Info.
I mean I've lived around Chicago my whole life (and now in the city for school) so I'm familiar with the suburban situation; it's been shitty in sections of Joliet and the near south side like Dolton and Harvey and what not. Even my buddy got jumped in Roscoe Village a couple of months ago, which is basically one of the safest neighborhoods in the city. It truly does suck because I love so much else about Chicago and the reputation we get is not representative of how many positives there are.
Yeah it's not all Chicago but the problem is now with how properties have dropped in value. Then all the scummy people end up spreading out to other suburbs just to ruin things. I grew up around the Pilsen area then moved out to Orland Park late in H.S . Orland Park is really safe but i notice alot people from Harvey as you mentioned come around more often than in the past. I used to go to L.A Fitness out by First Midwest and people had their locks cut and stuff stolen quite a few times so i left to Lifetime gym instead. It's basically people from shitty areas coming out to good areas to run it for everybody else. Chicago is a great place besides the crime and traffic and def has a great music scene. I got alot of family here so it will be really hard to decide if i move.
09:14 PM on 12/04/13
xjdizzle
User Info.
It's also that they moved people out the old projects in Chicago then relocated them close to Suburban areas then built those fancy condos for wealth people who work in the City.
08:53 PM on 12/07/13
shadley07
User Info.
how the fuck does this keep happpening, can we get a guy to stand out side the vans with a rifle.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos