Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
07:46 AM on 12/03/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I really like this one, Chris. Concise and to the point, and we somehow both tackled different things about the record even though we wrote our pieces almost entirely separately.
07:53 AM on 12/03/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I'm proud of myself for not breaking 1000 words...took some serious editing/self-restraint though haha
Haha, I somehow wrote less than 750 words. Gotta be a first.
09:13 PM on 12/03/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Anyway this album is profound in how it sounds so 60s yet in a way that isn't dated in any fashion, it just shows how in tune it was with the times it was and brutally human it is. Other groups at the time scratched at it, and Bob Dylan ended up being a sort of face for the generation, yet Lou Reed did what he could never do. He tore all those fucking bandages off and didn't mute any screams and screeches. He showed the gnarly side of humanity, and the beauty there in as well as the how the most beautiful things can be so awful too. It is also incredible how much like New York (City) this album feels. It's like it is breathing, and when I miss NYC I put this LP on and remember why it is called "the city that never sleeps" - it's really all fucking there, and no album has ever really come close to doing that for me, besides possibly Illmatic.

Just wanted to say that I really liked you description of the album in this paragraph. It totally is perfect in the way it exposes the utter imperfection of its creators.

Yes it is, and we will do one on him at some point, probably about Blood on the Tracks

Yes please.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version