Username
Password
Hip-Hop News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 86.
12:05 PM on 12/05/13
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Idk about that since he does have Magna Carta at #6 (top half of the list).

But if you think about it he has his debut and the one right after that (if I'm correct) as his top two. Him having Magna Carta as 6 shows that he can do better but can can never be better than when he first started.
12:06 PM on 12/05/13
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
Eh Kingdom Come should be above BP3 and MCHG but I guess I should trust the man who made the records haha
12:06 PM on 12/05/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Very cool that he did this. Would love to see more artists do the same (including tear up a few of their songs).

Edit: AP, get in touch with some bands and make this a weekly column or something hah
12:07 PM on 12/05/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
So he's basically saying he will never be as good as he was?
He has said in interviews that Reasonable Doubt will always be his favorite because he was in the right place in life to make that album and while he likes his albums he makes now, since he'll never be in the physical, mental, and social place he was then, he'll never make a better album.
12:08 PM on 12/05/13
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
I'd love to see Kanye rank his albums. On second thought, wouldn't he just write "classic" next to all of his? I agree with most of this list though. Would put The Blueprint as #1 but you can make a case for the top 3 being #1.
It'd just be his records in reverse order from Newest to Oldest but all tied as classic.
12:12 PM on 12/05/13
ChaseTx
But if you think about it he has his debut and the one right after that (if I'm correct) as his top two. Him having Magna Carta as 6 shows that he can do better but can can never be better than when he first started.
His second album is ranked at #7. The Blueprint was his sixth. For reference, he has his tenth album ranked at number 5.
12:13 PM on 12/05/13
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
I'd love to see Kanye rank his albums. On second thought, wouldn't he just write "classic" next to all of his? I agree with most of this list though. Would put The Blueprint as #1 but you can make a case for the top 3 being #1.
He was saying in that Sway interview that MBDTF is a "top 10" hip hop album ever, I'd assume he thinks that's his best work. Other than that though, I assume he loves all of his albums equally hahahaha.
12:19 PM on 12/05/13
SeanEBoy2686
twitter = SeanAndHeard
User Info.
i agree with others... wish more artists would do this
12:19 PM on 12/05/13
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
His second album is ranked at #7. The Blueprint was his sixth. For reference, he has his tenth album ranked at number 5.

I stand corrected about that then, for some reason I always thought Blueprint was his second, have no idea why.
12:21 PM on 12/05/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Would really like to know Kanye's too. I always think about Dylan when he goes off on a tangent about how he's the greatest at everything.

12:22 PM on 12/05/13
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He has said in interviews that Reasonable Doubt will always be his favorite because he was in the right place in life to make that album and while he likes his albums he makes now, since he'll never be in the physical, mental, and social place he was then, he'll never make a better album.

It's a shame he never will be in that state in life again but I guess that comes with the fortune and fame. I honestly just want him to write an album where he writes the lyrics instead of doing it in one take. I would like to see how it would compare.
12:29 PM on 12/05/13
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
Most people say The Blueprint and The Black Album are the best albums and I agree, but I can see why Jay ranks his first album to be the best to him.
12:32 PM on 12/05/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
It'd just be his records in reverse order from Newest to Oldest but all tied as classic.
hahahaha
12:34 PM on 12/05/13
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
My fav solo lp of his will always be vol. 2... That was a huge rap influence on me in 7th grade in 97.... And I don't care what people say, I love magna carta, Jay's lyrics may never be the same as they once were, but damn are there some BANGERS on that album
12:35 PM on 12/05/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Pimp C's verse on Big Pimpin is fucking GOAT. Period.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests