Username
Password
Warped Tour News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Warped Tour
Inside AP.net

Warped Tour Looking for Interns

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/10/13)
Warped Tour is looking for interns. Check the replies for all of the details.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6.
10:12 AM on 12/10/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
We are looking for undergraduate students in the Los Angeles area who can receive school credit for an in office internship based in Marketing, Social Media, and Graphics. Must have exceptional attention to detail as well as a basic understanding of the entertainment industry and a love for music. This internship will start in late January and will last until mid-late June, and WILL NOT lead to an on tour position. More information on the positions available are listed below. If you are interested send an email with your resume to interns2014@gmail.com

Marketing Intern Description:

Looking for a qualified marketing intern to join our team. Our marketing department is extremely important in producing our various tours and ensuring their success. We are seeking an intern who can participate in various stages of marketing campaigns that will lead up to our events that take place in the summer.

This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience marketing for large scale music events.

Responsibilities:

-Assist in the creation of spreadsheets, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc.
-Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
-Assist with the preparation and delivery of materials related to tours
-Assist with creation and upkeep for various tour related grids
-Research various entities related to the tours
-Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
-Prepare presentations
-Enter information into various spreadsheets
-Provide support to social media efforts
-Work Promotional events; hand out informational materials, assist with box office responsibilities

Requirements:

Company is looking for an undergraduate student in the Los Angeles area who can receive school credit for an internship. Must commit to a minimum of two days/week and commit to scheduled hours. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of web and social media. Must have exceptional attention to detail. Along with this a basic understanding of the entertainment industry and a love for music is a necessity. Experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and other basic programs is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position. This internship will start in late January and will last until mid-late June, this WILL NOT lead to an on tour position.

Social Media Intern Description:

Looking to hire an intern with a strong knowledge and understanding of digital media and graphic design. The intern hired for this position will need in depth experience with various social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.), intermediate skills in various graphic design programs (Photoshop, Indesign, etc.), and strong critical thinking skills. This is a position for an intern hoping to gain a ton of great online experience for large scale music events.

Responsibilities:

-Contribute to website
-Redesign project in various ways (create posters, banners, etc.)
-Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
-Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
-Website and social media optimization
-Work with various google programs
-Online research
-Schedule content on website and social media
-Basic graphic design work (sizing, cropping, quick text edits)

Requirements:

Company is looking for an undergraduate student in the Los Angeles area who can receive school credit for an internship. Must commit to a minimum of two days/week and commit to scheduled hours. Students applying for this internship should be interested in working on various online mediums to help with marketing our events. Along with this it is important that those who apply have a good understanding of all social media websites and basic graphic design programs. Must have exceptional attention to detail and TRIPLE CHECK all work. Must have the ability to work independently. This internship will start in late January and will last until mid-late June, this WILL NOT lead to an on tour position.
11:11 AM on 12/10/13
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
Would love to do this but I'm not a student in California. Bring it to NYC or at least have the Social Media Intern position as a from home spot.
12:47 PM on 12/10/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Oh look another internship I can't apply for becuase I'm a graphic design major in Chicago.
02:28 PM on 12/10/13
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
Oh look another internship I can't apply for becuase I'm a graphic design major in Chicago.
Chicago should have a lot of possibilities for a design intern
04:46 PM on 12/10/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Chicago should have a lot of possibilities for a design intern
Oh they do. BUT the major problem is with not one but like four or five major art schools all fighting for the same internships an only a small amount of spots open for interviews. Getting in for interviews at records labels like Victory records is a crap shoot. I would kill for a chance to interview for a internship for a fest like Warped Tour. I know I would have the same chances as I do now..but I have noticed a lot of the labels Id love to intern for are in Cally or New York.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests