Username
Password
Hit the Lights News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hit the Lights
Inside AP.net

Thief Club Posts Album Pre-Order

Posted by: Christian Wagner (12/11/13)
Thief Club has posted the pre-order for the upcoming album My Heavy.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
10:58 AM on 12/11/13
Nardes
User Info.
WHYNOVINYL????
11:04 AM on 12/11/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Pre ordered. Super hyped

Edit: Should have his own icon!
11:45 AM on 12/11/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
This is an easy pre-order decision. For those that have not gone to the Thief Club website recently, you can stream and read about the song Brand New Ways. That would bring the tally to 7/7 songs released.
11:52 AM on 12/11/13
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is an easy pre-order decision. For those that have not gone to the Thief Club website recently, you can stream and read about the song Brand New Ways. That would bring the tally to 7/7 songs released.
Was a tracklist released yet?

7 songs at this point is on the high side for an album releasing in February. I'm not complaining at all, but Nick seems to be pumping these out left and right!
12:01 PM on 12/11/13
MJSchmidt
User Info.

7 songs at this point is on the high side for an album releasing in February. I'm not complaining at all, but Nick seems to be pumping these out left and right!
I do not know what the tracklist is. I know on Twitter he had a picture of a tracklist minus the three songs that had been originally released (Weight With You, Fragile Eyes, and the First Place) and that shows two songs that we have not heard yet. Slow Ride and DMT. Going back through the 3 album teasers, I would guess it's 9 songs total.
12:02 PM on 12/11/13
colorfast
I'm a paintbrush in a way.
User Info.
Can you link to that song? I couldn't find it on the website. Only the other 6.
12:05 PM on 12/11/13
MJSchmidt
User Info.
Can you link to that song? I couldn't find it on the website. Only the other 6.
www.thiefclub.com. There is no direct link to the song I guess. When you click into the website click on the forward arrow to go through songs.
12:06 PM on 12/11/13
NickHTL
User Info.
Haha, that actually wasn't supposed to be up! It's down now, but it's cool, some folks got an early listen.
12:07 PM on 12/11/13
colorfast
I'm a paintbrush in a way.
User Info.
www.thiefclub.com. There is no direct link to the song I guess. When you click into the website click on the forward arrow to go through songs.
Thanks man. It wasn't showing up the first time but when I clicked around enough it popped up.
12:12 PM on 12/11/13
MJSchmidt
User Info.
Haha, that actually wasn't supposed to be up! It's down now, but it's cool, some folks got an early listen.
Haha I thought that might be the case. It only populated when you clicked right through the songs and no word was mentioned about it being up. Thought about tweeting you, but I wasn't sure.
12:17 PM on 12/11/13
NickHTL
User Info.

So, here's the deal: I knew that if people wanted to pay for songs they would, but most people just aren't going to. I released 3 songs a year ago with no intention of an album, but now that I'm releasing one, I didn't want people to have to pay for songs they already had, so I wanted the option of having every song available for download eventually. This way I could release music constantly over the period of several months while I figured out how the hell I would release this album physically. Like I said, people who want to pay and support the music will, and most people just won't. I'm not making music for it NOT to be heard, so the best thing I can do is make it as available as possible and be happy that some people out there enjoy it. It might be a little confusing for some, but this industry is changing so much, I'm just trying to be smart while not losing sight of why I really made music in the first place. The record is going to be released through a new label run by my friend Adam Hogan called Take Out Records, and it's going to be as DIY as possible. Here's the tracklisting:

1. Brand New Ways
2. Fragile Eyes
3. Weight With You
4. Follow You
5. Slow Ride
6. My Heavy
7. Knew Your Name
8. The First Place
9. DMT

Thanks to anyone who has been supporting this project and thanks to Christian Wagner for always posting TC shit on here. I appreciate the support more than you know!
12:47 PM on 12/11/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Finally a release date! I'm too stoked for this record, I love everything Nick has ever done.
01:28 PM on 12/11/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
buying the fuck out of this nick
01:42 PM on 12/11/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
So, here's the deal: I knew that if people wanted to pay for songs they would, but most people just aren't going to. I released 3 songs a year ago with no intention of an album, but now that I'm releasing one, I didn't want people to have to pay for songs they already had, so I wanted the option of having every song available for download eventually. This way I could release music constantly over the period of several months while I figured out how the hell I would release this album physically. Like I said, people who want to pay and support the music will, and most people just won't. I'm not making music for it NOT to be heard, so the best thing I can do is make it as available as possible and be happy that some people out there enjoy it. It might be a little confusing for some, but this industry is changing so much, I'm just trying to be smart while not losing sight of why I really made music in the first place. The record is going to be released through a new label run by my friend Adam Hogan called Take Out Records, and it's going to be as DIY as possible. Here's the tracklisting:

1. Brand New Ways
2. Fragile Eyes
3. Weight With You
4. Follow You
5. Slow Ride
6. My Heavy
7. Knew Your Name
8. The First Place
9. DMT

Thanks to anyone who has been supporting this project and thanks to Christian Wagner for always posting TC shit on here. I appreciate the support more than you know!
So those are all the tracks (not complaining)?

Just a completionist and don't wanna miss out on any songs since they're all killer.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums