AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Taking Back Sunday News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Taking Back Sunday "There's No 'I'.." Peformance

Posted by - 11:09 AM on 12/11/13
Taking Back Sunday have posted "There's No 'I' in Team" from their recent DVD, TAYF10: Live From Starland Ballroom. The video can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 50
11:09 AM on 12/11/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:12 AM on 12/11/13
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.
Jesus. They are sounding rough.
11:16 AM on 12/11/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
When did Jesus become singer of TBS?
11:21 AM on 12/11/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
Jesus. They are sounding rough.

well.....they kinda, always sounded like, not good, mann..
http://youtu.be/olchhD9_T3E (how the hell do you embed a video??)
11:23 AM on 12/11/13
vmemories
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
WTF is going on with Nolan? hahaha
11:28 AM on 12/11/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Lol to Rubenstein singing the verse from 70x7.

Mediocre performance, but I guess that's how it goes these days.
11:28 AM on 12/11/13
CallumSty
callumnmacleod
User Info.
I don't get the amount of hate TBS get on every single AP post. They've never been the best live, but I would say they have been a lot better lately compared to the past 3 or so years.

I'm really excited about their new album. :)
11:32 AM on 12/11/13
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't get the amount of hate TBS get on every single AP post. They've never been the best live, but I would say they have been a lot better lately compared to the past 3 or so years.

The first big show I ever went to was TBS, the Used, and blink, in the spring of 2004. TBS almost sounded better than the other two. And they had played 3 sets that day. So I think they've just given up. They were terrible the last time they played Warped.
11:37 AM on 12/11/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.

I've seen them 11 times or so since 2003 and its been a range of venues from amphitheaters to clubs to warped tour and they've had mixed shows but i saw them on this past tour in Rochester in october and it was the best performance i've seen from them since 2003. They played a great set, sounded awesome and the way the mood was and my state of mind i was brought back. also, recordings of dvds never compare to if you were attending imo.

instrument wise it sounds very clean, i wouldn't be surprised if they overdubbed guitar tracks a little. its good video production though, its cool having a jib shot.
11:41 AM on 12/11/13
bigcoaster95
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was at this show and it sounded so much better in person.
11:43 AM on 12/11/13
Dookie1994
User Info.
Half of AP wrote them off years ago for no reason. haha
11:47 AM on 12/11/13
CallumSty
callumnmacleod
User Info.
I've seen them 11 times or so since 2003 and its been a range of venues from amphitheaters to clubs to warped tour and they've had mixed shows but i saw them on this past tour in Rochester in october and it was the best performance i've seen from them since 2003. They played a great set, sounded awesome and the way the mood was and my state of mind i was brought back. also, recordings of dvds never compare to if you were attending imo.

instrument wise it sounds very clean, i wouldn't be surprised if they overdubbed guitar tracks a little. its good video production though, its cool having a jib shot.
My thoughts exactly, I really enjoyed the DVD. Adam still has a great stage presence.
11:49 AM on 12/11/13
CallumSty
callumnmacleod
User Info.
The first big show I ever went to was TBS, the Used, and blink, in the spring of 2004. TBS almost sounded better than the other two. And they had played 3 sets that day. So I think they've just given up. They were terrible the last time they played Warped.
Yeah, I'd say Adam & John still sound better than Bert, Mark and Tom and I love blink-182.

I'm also really jealous that you saw that lineup.
11:55 AM on 12/11/13
YoShitsGoinDown
User Info.
Best I ever heard them was right after WYWTB came out. Played The Roseland in NYC. No backing guitarist, but for whatever reason still sounded fuller than they do now. Plus they played "The Union" which I never got to hear live again.

Runner up would be when they played a radio fest at Jones Beach...

Main Stage: The Strokes, Jay-Z performing “99 Problems”, Beastie Boys, The Darkness, Cypress Hill, Brand New, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
Festival Stage: New Found Glory, Story Of The Year, Taking Back Sunday, Midtown

Now that was a fucking lineup.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests