1. How did you get your band name? Writing the album was a six-year process of constantly writing and re-writing songs. Throughout that, we would explore many new themes and ideas that were becoming a part of our life.
2. How did this band get started? Kane and I had been working together on writing songs since high school. When we both moved to Vancouver, we started a new band and demoed a totally different record. Eventually, Kodie was added to the mix and we had a much more accurate rough draft for the first record.
3. What bands are you influenced by? I love bands like The National, Arcade Fire, Bright Eyes, Deerhunter and No Age. Kane comes from a jazz background while Kodie comes from a singer-songwriter (and sometimes metal) background, though we all share some of those influences for sure.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Moneen. They are the reason we started writing and music and they are crazy live (and sometimes in person). Kenny also did some backup vocals on our record. They are magical.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Anything hoarded from Costco.
6. Why should people listen to your band? We try to not worry about what other bands are doing and just make the music we want to make. I think we sound quite a bit different from anything else that is out there right now.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? He's more of an adventurer than an athlete, but his name is Dave Cornthwaite. He has done 25 different thousand-mile journeys.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? The staples - friends and family who helped with the record and helped support us.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? People's lack of attachment, investment or attentiveness toward music in general.
10. Memorable tour experience? Gotta be honest, we haven't really gone outside of Greater Vancouver.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? I know a few people who are part of the community and it's a great place for me to come to for quick news and new music. These kinds of opportunities that it provides to new bands are great too.
12. What is your favorite song to play? I would say "You're Too Kind" - we usually close with it. There's a lot of energy at the end.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Scotland. It is part of my heritage and looks absolutely beautiful.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Definitely Steve Earle or Blue Rodeo. Many family road trips spent with those guys playing.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? I would fly for sure. It'd be much easier to see the world.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Not really, I usually just get a coffee and a snack then down a Vodka-Soda or two; I know Kane has a few beers.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? Our music.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? Independent radio obviously takes more chances so I would have hopes of appearing on those types of stations. Our major radio stations generally stick to a few main artists that are the bread and butter for their crowd.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? I think, for all of us, this band is our spare time, outside of our regular jobs.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? For a long time, this kind of was our hidden talent. We're trying to make it not-so-hidden.