AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blog News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blog
Inside AP.net

For Today Frontman Apologizes to LBGT Community ......

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/13/13)
MetalInjection posted an article today that highlighted a blog post from For Today's frontman, Mattie Montgomery, that sort of contains an apology to the LBGT community ... then a lot of talking about marriage within the church. The post has been pulled from Mattie's website; however, some quotes can be read here, and the cached version still exists.
I have never heard a homosexual couple tell me that the reason they are together is because, out of a place of devotion to the Lord in prayer and scripture study, He commanded them to be together. And, until that happens, there really is no discussion to be had. They will receive the same response I would give to a straight couple that is together for carnal or selfish reasons: You are in disobedience to God, and you have made an idol out of yourself. Repent. Leave this relationship, and commit yourself to hear and obey the spoken Word of God. [...] I married my wife because God told me to. Yes, I think she’s beautiful. But she’s not the only beautiful woman in the world. Yes, she and I get along great! But, I get along with many other women who are just friends of mine. I choose to love my wife, not because she earned my love, but out of obedience to the Word of God spoken to me 5 years ago, in which He said, “Candice will be your wife. I’m calling you to marry her.”

Submitted by red8ge

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 422
08:13 PM on 12/13/13
I'mAGetUpKid
...welcome to the new year.
User Info.
Wow. Just wow.
08:13 PM on 12/13/13
circasurvivor
User Info.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G2iel7z38Cc&desktop_uri=%2F watch%3Fv%3DG2iel7z38Cc
08:16 PM on 12/13/13
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Sounding like an idiot there man.
08:17 PM on 12/13/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Clearly this guy has never seen Bruce Almighty.
08:22 PM on 12/13/13
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
That's cool dude. I disagree with things you believe in, but you don't see me ranting on the internet about it. But the stunner of the whole article for me is when he says " I cannot support the homosexual agenda in our nation. This is not because people call it an “abomination,” or because I’m some sort of homophobe or bigot, but because every argument in support of that act is based on one fundamental misconception; and that is the flawed idea that we should be able to marry whomever we want." Uhhh......
08:25 PM on 12/13/13
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
08:26 PM on 12/13/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
God didn't tell you to take that woman as your wife, you made that choice. Take some responsibility for your actions. If there is a God, he has more important things to do than dictate who you marry.
08:32 PM on 12/13/13
muttley
Drop all your things and go outside
User Info.
Did God tell him to blog, too?
08:34 PM on 12/13/13
cowlord
( Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż)
User Info.
Oh man, come on
08:34 PM on 12/13/13
Chuck!
Lost Forever // Lost Together
User Info.
Quote:
I choose to love my wife, not because she earned my love, but out of obedience to the Word of God spoken to me 5 years ago, in which He said, “Candice will be your wife. I’m calling you to marry her.”

This is a level of delusional stupidity that I can't even comprehend.
08:41 PM on 12/13/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
This guy is such a complete asshole. I can't believe so many people fell for his bullshit "apology" video during the last controversy.
08:43 PM on 12/13/13
Charles777
Feeling groovy
User Info.
What a dick.
08:43 PM on 12/13/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Well then...
08:45 PM on 12/13/13
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
Quote:
So, with that said, I’d like to make my stance on homosexuality/homosexual marriage crystal clear: I cannot support the homosexual agenda in our nation. This is not because people call it an “abomination,” or because I’m some sort of homophobe or bigot, but because every argument in support of that act is based on one fundamental misconception; and that is the flawed idea that we should be able to marry whomever we want.

He is just straight mentally disturbed.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums