Username
Password
The Ataris News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Ataris
Inside AP.net

The Ataris "So Long, Astoria" Tour Dates

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (12/17/13)
Dates for The Ataris' So Long, Astoria reunion tour with Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World and Gasoline Heart can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39.
02:00 PM on 12/17/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
For the first time in a decade, the classic lineup of The Ataris will reconvene to perform their million-selling album, So Long, Astoria, in its entirety from start to finish. For one tour only, Kristopher Roe, Mike Davenport, Chris Knapp and John Collura will share the stage to celebrate their beloved album, performing fan-favorite hits like “So Long, Astoria,” “The Saddest Song” and their iconic version of Don Henley’s “Boys of Summer.” Support will include: Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World and Gasoline Heart. Tickets for the upcoming tour will go on sale to the public on December 20th.

In conjunction with today’s tour announcement, The Ataris has released part one of a new mini-documentary about the band’s reunion and the making of So Long, Astoria. Watch it now, exclusively at Billboard.com: http://bit.ly/1dkWcOE.

Formed in 1996, The Ataris went on to sell hundreds of thousands of albums on small independent label Kung Fu Records before signing to Columbia Records in 2001. In 2003, the band released their career-defining album, So Long, Astoria, which sold over a million copies and spawned the hits, “In this Diary,” “The Saddest Song” and “Boys of Summer.”

After headlining multiple Warped Tours and selling out major tours of their own, the classic line-up of The Ataris disbanded in 2004, leaving behind a legacy of influence and rock-radio anthems that still live on today.

A decade later, that lineup will reunite for one tour to celebrate So Long, Astoria, an album that helped redefine punk rock in the early 2000’s with vivid confessionals and melodic heartfelt sing-alongs.

“I’m looking forward to going out and bringing these songs to a crowd and really giving it our all, and hopefully bringing some of these fun memories back to our fans,” singer/guitarist Kristopher Roe says. “I really feel like the most important thing is to be reconnected with three of my old best friends. I’m excited to go out and make music with them again.”

“It’s a lot of nostalgia to come back and do this tour,” guitarist John Collura adds. “It’s a celebration of what the four of us accomplished as a band.”

“This tour, for me, means more of redemption,” concludes bassist Mike Davenport. “Us four reunited again, performing what I think is one of our best albums.”

“I haven’t seen these guys in forever,” drummer Chris Knapp says. “It’s going to be crazy.”

Tour Dates
Feb 28 - Scottsdale, AZ - Pub Rock (w/Versus The World)
March 1 - Las Vegas, NV - Backstage Bar (w/Versus The World)
March 2 - Fresno, CA - Strummer’s (w/Versus The World)
March 3 - San Luis Obispo, CA - SLO Brewing Company (w/Versus The World)
March 5 - Los Angeles, CA - House of Blues (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 6 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 7 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 8 - San Francisco, CA - Bottom of the Hill (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 11 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 12 - Seattle, WA - The Showbox at the Market (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 13 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 14 - Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue (Club Sound) (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 15 - Denver, CO - The Summit Music Hall (w/Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 16 - Kansas City, MO - Riot Room (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 18 - St. Louis, MO - Old Rock House (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
March 20 - Minneapolis, MN - Mill City Nights (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
March 21 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
March 22 - Indianapolis, IN - The Vogue (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
March 23 - Detroit, MI - The Shelter (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
March 24 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Ballroom (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
March 25 - Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
March 27 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
March 28 - Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
March 29 - Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
March 30 - New York, NY - The Gramercy Theatre (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
02:11 PM on 12/17/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
No Authority Zero in their hometown? Whack.
02:24 PM on 12/17/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
"...an album that helped redefine punk rock in the early 2000ís"?

This is a cool tour and I certainly enjoyed this album in its heyday, but I think this press release may be slightly exaggerating with that statement.
02:33 PM on 12/17/13
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
"Inspired by Weezer's "Pinkerton" tour and a trip to see Taylor Swift with his girlfriend, Roe wanted to give fans a more theatrical experience. He dug up old photos and footage of the "So Long Astoria" years and plans to turn it into a projector presentation to accompany the set."

"But that's not all coming down the pike from the Ataris. The band is in the process of securing rights for a vinyl reissue of "So Long Astoria" from Columbia, and plans to re-release it along with the rest of its back catalog on its original home, Kung Fu Records. The gatefold albums will be available in a boxset and individually, with additional b-sides and photography from Roe."

The Ataris hope to use proceeds from the tour to help finance their long-delayed album "Graveyard of the Atlantic," which Roe is in the process of recording with the pre-reunion Ataris (the 2003 incarnation is limited to the upcoming tour). There's no official release date, though Roe says, "maybe if we're lucky we'll get it out by the end of the year."
02:37 PM on 12/17/13
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Wel'p, won't be going to this then #CanadaProblems
02:40 PM on 12/17/13
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
"Inspired by Weezer's "Pinkerton" tour and a trip to see Taylor Swift with his girlfriend, Roe wanted to give fans a more theatrical experience. He dug up old photos and footage of the "So Long Astoria" years and plans to turn it into a projector presentation to accompany the set."

The Ataris hope to use proceeds from the tour to help finance their long-delayed album "Graveyard of the Atlantic," which Roe is in the process of recording with the pre-reunion Ataris (the 2003 incarnation is limited to the upcoming tour). There's no official release date, though Roe says, "maybe if we're lucky we'll get it out by the end of the year."

I'm gonna assume his girlfriend is in her early 20s and he buys her alcohol.

So basically this tour is just a money grab for Kris Roe.
02:50 PM on 12/17/13
failedXromance
User Info.
Cant really call it the "Classic" lineup with out Marco.
03:00 PM on 12/17/13
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
march 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last time i saw them was march 2010 at mohegan sun, tooooo long
03:16 PM on 12/17/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I think these guys are over estimating how much money they can make on this tour. Some bands have stayed much more relevant over the years and still struggled to fill up ten year shows, so I can't see how they will.
03:18 PM on 12/17/13
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
User Info.
Whatever, I'll still go. This album taught me bass.
03:22 PM on 12/17/13
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
Wow. No Texas date
03:32 PM on 12/17/13
sammyboy516
User Info.

"But that's not all coming down the pike from the Ataris. The band is in the process of securing rights for a vinyl reissue of "So Long Astoria" from Columbia, and plans to re-release it along with the rest of its back catalog on its original home, Kung Fu Records. The gatefold albums will be available in a boxset and individually, with additional b-sides and photography from Roe."

Money to fund the new album that has been in the works for how long now?

That thing is never coming out.
03:55 PM on 12/17/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
I think these guys are over estimating how much money they can make on this tour. Some bands have stayed much more relevant over the years and still struggled to fill up ten year shows, so I can't see how they will.
Yeah, when they played over here, there must have been around 100 people watching them at the show I attended. Show was alright tbh, VTW were decent. I guess reunion shows might hold more attention however.
04:16 PM on 12/17/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I get the feeling that he's spinning it as a way to make money to put out a record for an album we'll never get. I've been waiting for that record for three years. I feel like if it actually comes out; I'm going to be very disappointed.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS