Displaying posts 45 - 57 of 57
02:41 PM on 12/19/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
i mean even 2 chainz had super introspective moments on his last album dude
02:50 PM on 12/19/13
Ryan Dennehy
Would much rather see EDM than more substanceless pop and rap be heralded here.

Love Tiesto but he's been a little off for awhile, though for EDM I tend to prefer singles rather than albums.
bizarre first statement

dont even want to address the claim that david guetta avicii and calvin harris make good albums
03:25 PM on 12/19/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
Would much rather see EDM than more substanceless pop and rap be heralded here.

Love Tiesto but he's been a little off for awhile, though for EDM I tend to prefer singles rather than albums.
i think the producers i mentioned in my original post should get more coverage, but i know they won't, haha.
04:53 PM on 12/19/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
bizarre first statement

dont even want to address the claim that david guetta avicii and calvin harris make good albums
Calvin Harris has some hits and misses, but he's definitely not afraid to try new things unlike generic Guetta and Avicci. The last effort was okay, but I Created Disco was super good.

also, if we're talking EDM, RIP Paul from Bingo Players.
09:20 PM on 12/19/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
The only EDM albums I got into this year were Daft Punk & Avicii. Producers usually work best with the singles route unless you're David Guetta or Calvin Harris.
Ahhh, what I meant to say is that I usually seem to really enjoy one or two songs on EDM (loose term) music rather than album experiences. This surely isn't always the case but in recent years I love for example Savoy's Im In Need but the rest of what I've heard from them is underwhelming. ATB is an obvious but long time favourite of mine but aside from Trilogy most his albums have been some great songs mixed in with forgettable ones.
09:21 PM on 12/19/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Calvin Harris has some hits and misses, but he's definitely not afraid to try new things unlike generic Guetta and Avicci. The last effort was okay, but I Created Disco was super good.

also, if we're talking EDM, RIP Paul from Bingo Players.
I assume Calvin Harris has better stuff than his singles given his popularity - both that "Close to you right now" or whatever and his Ellie Goulding songs were obnoxious IMO.
09:23 PM on 12/19/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
i think the producers i mentioned in my original post should get more coverage, but i know they won't, haha.
I'm familiar with a few of them, should check out the others. I would argue that AvB and A&B are pretty popular/well known though. My one friend who's an EDM maniac claims AvB has gotten very stale over the years but I don't notice/care - he has lots of great stuff. "This Light Between Us" was a wonderful song/video.
09:25 PM on 12/19/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
I'm familiar with a few of them, should check out the others. I would argue that AvB and A&B are pretty popular/well known though. My one friend who's an EDM maniac claims AvB has gotten very stale over the years but I don't notice/care - he has lots of great stuff. "This Light Between Us" was a wonderful song/video.
Intense was a huge step up from Mirage. And yeah they're both well known indeed, but on a site like this that seems to cover only the biggest or the ones hitting the charts, i'd appreciate more coverage. as for A&B, have you heard their album Sirens of the Sea as OceanLab? It's fantastic, and I'd be confident enough to recommend it to anyone on here at all.
09:33 PM on 12/19/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Intense was a huge step up from Mirage. And yeah they're both well known indeed, but on a site like this that seems to cover only the biggest or the ones hitting the charts, i'd appreciate more coverage. as for A&B, have you heard their album Sirens of the Sea as OceanLab? It's fantastic, and I'd be confident enough to recommend it to anyone on here at all.
I LOVE that album, even more so than A&B themselves - "Ashes" was a huge song for me in college.
10:35 PM on 12/19/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
A&B are releasing an acoustic album next month. That should be interesting.
11:00 AM on 12/20/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
I assume Calvin Harris has better stuff than his singles given his popularity - both that "Close to you right now" or whatever and his Ellie Goulding songs were obnoxious IMO.
liked that song at first, but then it got overplayed. the remixes that stemmed from that song are A+ though
12:38 PM on 12/21/13
sakattack123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
bizarre first statement

You seriously don't think True is a good album? That's easily my favorite of the genre in 2013. I just don't get how someone can't dance when Dear Boy comes on at a party.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos