AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Republic of Wolves Release New "Spare Key" Video

Posted by - 10:38 AM on 12/19/13
Watch The Republic of Wolves' new video for “Spare Key” on AltPress. Their new album, No Matter How Narrow, is available now via Simple Stereo Records.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
10:50 AM on 12/19/13
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
Loved it, but where was Gregg?
11:38 AM on 12/19/13
thursday8605
User Info.
Love the callback to "Cardinals" in this song.
11:38 AM on 12/19/13
Kal El
Yesterday means nothing to me.
User Info.
Great video, the album is fantastic, yeah, but where's Gregg?
01:43 PM on 12/19/13
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Loved it, but where was Gregg?

Great video, the album is fantastic, yeah, but where's Gregg?
He sings in three songs, he just doesn't lead like he has in the past. Now that he has an outlet for his own stuff (American Gospel), I doubt we'll see many Gregg-fronted songs coming from TROW. TROW always seemed like Mason's thing, anyway...hence a whole EP's worth of Gregg's stuff that didn't make it on to Varuna.
02:18 PM on 12/19/13
Kal El
Yesterday means nothing to me.
User Info.
I think Gregg is somewhere in there, in this song, but I was actually referring to him not being in the video. And I honestly like Mason's voice a bit more, so there's that.
02:33 PM on 12/19/13
atlastitsok
User Info.
I think Gregg is somewhere in there, in this song, but I was actually referring to him not being in the video. And I honestly like Mason's voice a bit more, so there's that.
I was wondering that as well - seemed odd
02:34 PM on 12/19/13
Kmil
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It seems like Gregg has taken a bit of a step back from TROW, I don't think he was at the shows they performed recently either if youtube videos are to be trusted. He sings in 4 songs on the album I think though.
02:53 PM on 12/19/13
getupguy222
User Info.
Yeah thought it was odd Greg not being there, love this band and the new record, they seem to be more like music collective sometimes than a traditional band.

I also love the lyrical reference to the "old branches" ep in this song. I like when a band can rob one if its own lyrics in a way that doesn't seem forced.
10:55 PM on 12/19/13
loudasallgetout
Non Registered User
User Info.
I hope Gregg not being there means nothing. I actually think some of the stuff on the Cartographer and the songs he sings on are some of their best work. I love his voice.
09:59 PM on 12/20/13
GreggAndrew
User Info.
Hey guys! I'm still involved with the project but I had to take a step back with this new album. Between my full time job and American Gospel I just didn't have the time to contribute as much as I wanted to. I'm not in the video mainly because I couldn't make it to the shoot that day. I plan on being more involved on the next album and really wish I could have played a bigger part on this one. But all that aside, the guys did a killer job with the production on this and wrote some really beautiful songs. If your not feeling the new direction give it some time I'm sure it will grow on you. Thanks for caring and for your support! -Gregg
10:59 PM on 12/20/13
loudasallgetout
Non Registered User
User Info.
Hey guys! I'm still involved with the project but I had to take a step back with this new album. Between my full time job and American Gospel I just didn't have the time to contribute as much as I wanted to. I'm not in the video mainly because I couldn't make it to the shoot that day. I plan on being more involved on the next album and really wish I could have played a bigger part on this one. But all that aside, the guys did a killer job with the production on this and wrote some really beautiful songs. If your not feeling the new direction give it some time I'm sure it will grow on you. Thanks for caring and for your support! -Gregg
New American Gospel?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version