Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
11:57 AM on 12/20/13
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
User Info.
"It doesn't look like he wants to be there" is probably just as old but I like that one
12:02 PM on 12/20/13
RaginCajun
User Info.
Vibrato has nothing to do with why he's a talented vocalist. The guy has fantastic range, and absolutely immense power - most vocalists are lucky to own one of those skills, and he has both.

He's a mostly terrible songwriter, but as a vocalist? There really are very few better. If you only rate him as "decently talented," I can't imagine what singers you find better or worse.
I would say that most well-known pop and r&b singers are better. Justin Timberlake is one.
12:29 PM on 12/20/13
RaginCajun
User Info.
Haha, I mean, if the only person we can bring into this is one of the best selling artists of 2013, I think we can agree that Jonny's a pretty amazing vocalist.
oh, i'm not saying Jonny isnt a talented singer.again, most r&b singers can sing pretty well. I simply don't listen to enough modern r&b to name someone in his level. I don't wanna drop more names like Usher and Rkelly cause you can simply say "those guys are legends and sell millions which then proves my point."

but i've seen nobodies on American Idol and stuff like that where they can sing just as good or better...I will easily say that Jonny is the best in the scene. the scene is very small and he beats out dgd, a skylit drive, and the other rise records and such bands.
12:32 PM on 12/20/13
RaginCajun
User Info.
I wouldn't say vomiting on the stage / crowd at nearly every show is great control or power. Jonny has a good voice, but he's a one trick pony. He has a good range and he knows his limits, but that only goes so far. He's not interesting, his lyrics are terrible, his personality sucks, he's predictable.
personally i think his range is getting smaller. I think he sounded his best on DBM. I think in those early years he had way more range and control. I think now he found a comfort zone that he stays in. it protects his voice, and it sure sounds good, but it also does make him sound like a "one trick pony"
12:38 PM on 12/20/13
RaginCajun
User Info.
I think Pierce The Veil singer did the best by far on Isles and Glaciers. He was the most creative, he came in in the most opportune times, he stole the show/record.
case in point when he came in on viola Lion "i never had a reason.."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version