Password
Recording News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 73.
08:06 AM on 12/20/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jonny Craig is a lot of things. An overrated vocalist is not one of them.
08:24 AM on 12/20/13
RWStewart93
User Info.
Chris the guitarist for hearts and hands is very very good at what he does. He is classically trained, We'l see what they can do for Jonny, I'm actually excited for a JC release for the first time since Emarosa self titled.
08:29 AM on 12/20/13
jrockisthebest
jrock is my nickname
User Info.
kris crummet is the man
08:49 AM on 12/20/13
himynameisjm
IM THE SHIT
User Info.
Kris should be able to keep him in check somewhat (last I spoke with him he said he writes most if not all of jonny's lyrics/melodies when they work together)
08:55 AM on 12/20/13
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
Nice to hear he'll be working with Kris. Now if he could work on writing better lyrics.
08:58 AM on 12/20/13
ferrisstryker
User Info.
Rise Records paid back everyone that he defrauded in exchange for Jonny basically being their indentured servant for the rest of his career.
Yeah, but like it's still a crime right? If I mugged somebody on the street and then gave them back their wallet the next day I'd probably still be charged. Seems weird that this whole thing was swept under the rug and that anyone is still willing to give money to him, be it a record label or someone buying his music.
09:00 AM on 12/20/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
PRefer full band stuff over solo..
09:12 AM on 12/20/13
lfjlol
User Info.
excited for this. I wish he kind of just went the whole dallas green route and pursued the acoustic realm. have you guys heard this song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVx2COxYwGQ
09:12 AM on 12/20/13
SmileWithASmirk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
His voice has always been overrated.

Overrated? Please , dude can flat out SING! Now , constructing a decent hook? That's probably a different story. I can get into this though.
09:19 AM on 12/20/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Overrated? Please , dude can flat out SING! Now , constructing a decent hook? That's probably a different story. I can get into this though.
I think he's a good singer, just extremely overrated by his fans.
09:26 AM on 12/20/13
ChaseTx
Yeah, but like it's still a crime right? If I mugged somebody on the street and then gave them back their wallet the next day I'd probably still be charged. Seems weird that this whole thing was swept under the rug and that anyone is still willing to give money to him, be it a record label or someone buying his music.
It's up to the victims to press charges. Rise probably made their repayment conditional on them not doing so.
09:40 AM on 12/20/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
He's not on Rise anymore, though...

Then he must have finished paying them off, because that was the deal that they made with him. Rise talked about it on their facebook page.

Jonny Craig is a lot of things. An overrated vocalist is not one of them.

People act like because the dude overdoes it with the vibrato, he's fucking Pavarotti. It makes no sense to me. The dude is decently talented, but that's as high as I'll rate him.
10:00 AM on 12/20/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Then he must have finished paying them off, because that was the deal that they made with him. Rise talked about it on their facebook page.

People act like because the dude overdoes it with the vibrato, he's fucking Pavarotti. It makes no sense to me. The dude is decently talented, but that's as high as I'll rate him.
Vibrato has nothing to do with why he's a talented vocalist. The guy has fantastic range, and absolutely immense power - most vocalists are lucky to own one of those skills, and he has both.

He's a mostly terrible songwriter, but as a vocalist? There really are very few better. If you only rate him as "decently talented," I can't imagine what singers you find better or worse.
10:13 AM on 12/20/13
sept. 18th
Monstar.
User Info.
Vibrato has nothing to do with why he's a talented vocalist. The guy has fantastic range, and absolutely immense power - most vocalists are lucky to own one of those skills, and he has both.

He's a mostly terrible songwriter, but as a vocalist? There really are very few better. If you only rate him as "decently talented," I can't imagine what singers you find better or worse.
I back this statement all day. I don't understand this overrated stuff. To me you can either sing and sound good or sing and sound like shit. Jonny obviously has a good voice..
10:20 AM on 12/20/13
SwansFionn
User Info.
This, fuck, glad someone thinks the same.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests