AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Twitter News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Oli Sykes Comments on Ian Watkins Trial

Posted by - 11:27 AM on 12/20/13
Oli Skyes has commented on the Ian Watkins trial. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that "biggest victims" portion is just really poorly worded.
So Watkins was sentenced & justice was served, wether you think it was too short a stretch or not. My heart goes out to all the victims effected, but I would like you all to consider the impact and destruction watkins has inflicted on his band, and see how them themselves are in some ways the biggest victims of this nightmare. He destroyed the legacy of Lost Prophets (which were my favourite band ever back in the day) -when your band ends you want to be able to look back at all the good times, listen to the songs you made, reminisce, but that is no longer an option. He has made it extremely difficult for them to continue their love of music and art without people treating them differently because of one mans actions. What ever they choose to do in the future we should support them 110% and not let one nonces life ruin 5 good peoples lives. Which brings me to Richard J Oliver’s Incredible art. He recently asked to paint a picture influenced by me, which is awesome, and he is a truly gifted artist. go add him on twitter- @RJOliverfineart and check out his work. and check out the painting he did influenced from a picture of me! (ABOVE THIS TWEET) rad!

Submitted by Vance Mook

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 96
11:30 AM on 12/20/13
syntax omitted
User Info.
Really enjoy Sempiternal and recently gained a respect for Sykes. But this is just really poorly worded.
11:33 AM on 12/20/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow, very poorly worded…….who cares about the rest of the band at this point….They are swimming in money, what about the victims……..
11:34 AM on 12/20/13
Adrian Villagomez
My Little Runaway
User Info.
You say "poorly worded," I say he doesn't understand what "victim" really means.
11:35 AM on 12/20/13
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Oh boy...
11:37 AM on 12/20/13
nowFace
You're irreversible
User Info.
Guys we can't ever listen to this band anymore because the singer was a piece of shit. We're the REAL VICTIMS!!!!
11:39 AM on 12/20/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
as if i needed any more reason to hate this guy lol what the hell is this
11:39 AM on 12/20/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, i think its just extremely poorly worded. There is still debate on what or how much they knew. There are plenty of articles explaining how widespread it was known that he had sex with underage girls all the time, and his exgirfriend went to the police four years ago to say what he wanted to do to children and they did nothing. I don't think they band had any indication what he was doing to children/babies though so this must be extremely hard for them. Also, i had to look up what "nonces" meant and the sentence now makes perfect sense.
11:40 AM on 12/20/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
the band members are of least concern at this point
11:41 AM on 12/20/13
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
User Info.
i don't know about you guys but the biggest victims to me are the young girls and babies that were victimized.

but i guess if i really look hard, i mean really really hard, i might can see how the band members...should also be brought up on fucking charges too
11:45 AM on 12/20/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
You say "poorly worded," I say he doesn't understand what "victim" really means.

If they were aware of what he was doing I'm sure they'd be on trial too. Biggest victims? Not by far, but still victims nonetheless and I do understand the point he was attempting to make.
11:47 AM on 12/20/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
This guy need less throat tattoos and more tact.
11:50 AM on 12/20/13
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've never listened to his band but it's just a poorly worded sentence, there's no need to get the pitchforks out here. If anything he wanted to plug his new found friends art work and felt he had to throw his thoughts on lostprophets in there.
11:51 AM on 12/20/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Nope. Definitely just nope.
11:56 AM on 12/20/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Dude needs to stop providing his critics with quotes like this. May be better for him and his band if he runs his tweets/rants through a couple people before embarrassing himself.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos