Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36
01:09 PM on 12/20/13
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
I forgot that this band exists. I'm surprised that anyone cares because it feels like Chiodos fell off the grid completely.
01:25 PM on 12/20/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Illuminaudio didn't do well though. They went from headlining and selling out shows with Craig to opening for washed up bands like Atreyu after Illuminaudio. So not sure what you mean by "never going to get back to being as huge as they should've been after they did that."

They probably will never be as popular during the Bone Palace Ballet days however. A record with Craig after that release would have been huge.
No we're saying the same thing, when I said "did that" it was referring to kicking out Craig, not Illuminaudio (which did alright but not great). If they kept Craig and did the record that I probably would've less liked than Illuminaudio, they would've sold so much. They're never getting to that point again.
01:39 PM on 12/20/13
xconcretenwater
dude
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm pretty sure Razor&Tie since they signed them and haven't put anything out
yes, Razor & Tie.
02:30 PM on 12/20/13
TAI182
User Info.
They are all playing south by so what as well, on the Friday date. Tons of things add up!

Nice! I hadn't heard of any of these rumors actually, haha. I hope it happens.
04:06 PM on 12/20/13
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
Wonder how this will turn out.
04:56 PM on 12/20/13
MikeyAndTheCity
User Info.
I really hope the lyrics aren't as cringeworthy as the DRUGS record. I'll give this record a spin when it comes out regardless.
05:32 PM on 12/20/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Great news
09:18 PM on 12/20/13
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
Finally!
10:34 PM on 12/20/13
Peerless
User Info.
Illuminaudio is the only thing that made me interested in Chiodos.

Everything else is 'meh' IMO.
02:15 AM on 12/21/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Illuminaudio is the only thing that made me interested in Chiodos.

Everything else is 'meh' IMO.

Yuppp
09:09 AM on 12/21/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Really surprised people still care about this. This is one of the strangest reunions I've seen in the way that it was handled. If they didn't have things already lined up, they should have held off on the reunion announcement. From the outside it just seems like they shot their own foot off a bit. It will be a moot point if the record does well, I suppose.
09:37 AM on 12/21/13
HollowPrince665
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really liked Illuminaudio. I don't understand the hate for the album. At some point I think people heard a new voice and went "Not Craig so its not Chiodos". Why are people so taken by one member of a band? There are other people in the band ya know? The album was well written, well orchestrated, and well produced. Its a great album and after the band treated the drummer and singer like a one night stand where they stopped talking to them until they finally had to leave because of the BS. Its a shame, really. Its like a bunch of kids. I like Craig and all, don't get me wrong but the fanboy atmosphere really does make going to these shows and saying "I'm a fan of Chiodos" really hard to do.
07:06 PM on 12/22/13
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Illuminaudio and DRUGS were the first projects by Chiodos and Craig Owens (respectively) that I actually enjoyed. I'll check out the new album and hope it delivers.
08:14 PM on 12/22/13
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
I really liked Illuminaudio. I don't understand the hate for the album. At some point I think people heard a new voice and went "Not Craig so its not Chiodos". Why are people so taken by one member of a band? There are other people in the band ya know? The album was well written, well orchestrated, and well produced. Its a great album and after the band treated the drummer and singer like a one night stand where they stopped talking to them until they finally had to leave because of the BS. Its a shame, really. Its like a bunch of kids. I like Craig and all, don't get me wrong but the fanboy atmosphere really does make going to these shows and saying "I'm a fan of Chiodos" really hard to do.

Because people are dipshits and are incapable of giving anything new a chance.

Like, if you gave it a chance and you simply don't enjoy it, that's perfectly understandable. But the whole "i'm never going to listen to <band> because <singer> is not the singer anymore" or "it's not <band> without <singer>" attitude is seriously childish.
09:28 PM on 12/22/13
ilovecheese00
User Info.
Because people are dipshits and are incapable of giving anything new a chance.

Like, if you gave it a chance and you simply don't enjoy it, that's perfectly understandable. But the whole "i'm never going to listen to <band> because <singer> is not the singer anymore" or "it's not <band> without <singer>" attitude is seriously childish.
I completely agree. I know that I personally wasn't the biggest fan of Illuminaudio, but I still gave it a few listens and went into it with an open mind. Chiodos was the band that really got me into music, which is a pretty huge thing to say. Once I listened to a few songs from All's Well... back in middle school I immediately got into this whole music scene. Something about Chiodos without Craig just didn't connect with me as much.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos