Username
Password
Mae News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Mae
Inside AP.net

Zach Gehring of Mae Starts Indiegogo Campaign

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (12/21/13)
Zach Gehring of Mae has started an Indiegogo campaign to raise $3,500 to record an EP, initial vinyl pressings, shirts, and incidentals. He is also looking to give back some of the money. More details are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
11:05 AM on 12/21/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
My name is Zach, and I am a member of the Virginia based rock band Mae. Over the 9 or 10 years of touring and creating with the small collective, I naturally began to explore my own musical ideas which did not mesh with the sonic aesthetic of Mae. Those ideas have evolved into a small collection of songs that I want to record. The desire I have to record the songs and the curiosity in how they will end up sounding is too persistent to ignore.

I am using the Indiegogo platform out of necessity, as I am currently enrolled to acquire a Master's Degree at Old Dominion University which demands financial priority. The completion of this small project depends on you, the donor. I want to express the degree of my reliance on you via the perks I offer. I wanted to keep this funding as simple as possible so I did not include many price points and did not exceed $50. I will not ask you to donate any amount of money that is not reflective of what you will receive in return. I will not promise anything that cannot be delivered from my own house to yours.

Finally, this is an experiment. If I do succeed in the production and sale of vinyl, then I want to reward those who donate. Any profit made from the sale of this product will be given, in part, back to those donors. If I make any profit from the sale of this record, then I will take half of whatever I receive though sales over an extended period of time and split it amongst those who donated $50, the highest amount possible to donate.

All of you who donate (however much you donate) will be regularly informed on every aspect of the process and will be mentioned by name on the final product.

I have set the funding goal for $3500. This is meant to include recording costs, money to help pay for an initial vinyl pressing, shirts, and incidentals.

I've included a demo song for you to check out. Just click over on the "Gallery" tab.
11:22 AM on 12/21/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Seems reasonable. Mae was so good.
11:25 AM on 12/21/13
uchiha
untitled
User Info.
unsung zeros > mae
12:34 PM on 12/21/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
He seems so...sad.
12:55 PM on 12/21/13
Dlemert
User Info.
I miss Mae. This guy's book "Guilt. Doubt. Indolence." is also a quick, fun read.
01:18 PM on 12/21/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
3,500 for an EP and Jason is asking for 40k for probably EP also... Wowzers
03:17 PM on 12/21/13
jesster4life911
User Info.
Nice to see someone not asking for a ridiculous amount.
06:34 PM on 12/21/13
theotheryabs
There's a Melody in Everything
User Info.
he looks like a sadder kevin devine
07:00 PM on 12/21/13
gengen
Listen To Saves The Day
User Info.
unsung zeros > mae

Agreed. Loved those dudes.
10:58 PM on 12/21/13
Dob
partypartyparty
User Info.
unsung zeros > mae
I.....forgot that was a connection. holy crap.
07:14 AM on 12/23/13
zachmae
Mae / Zach
User Info.
Hey everyone, Zach here. I'm surprised and flattered to see the Unsung Zeros love in the comments. Thanks! Please check out the campaign. If you have any questions at all about anything, I'll be checking back in to this thread frequently to address them. Or, just comment on the campaign page linked above. I hope everyone is having a grand Monday. Thanks!
02:07 PM on 12/27/13
chordsforacure
Host of the Saint Mort Show!
User Info.
Check out my interview with Zach where we discuss the project, Mae, Unsung Zeroes and music in general

http://www.geekscape.net/the-saint-m...-unsung-zeroes
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News