AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fearless Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Word Alive Post Studio Update

Posted by - 01:22 PM on 12/22/13
The Word Alive have posted the first studio update for their upcoming album, to be released Spring 2014. Head to the replies to watch the video which focuses on the guitar work and features a teaser at the end of the clip.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 57
01:22 PM on 12/22/13
Steve Alcala
http://www.facebook.com/stevealcala
User Info.
01:24 PM on 12/22/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
Yeah, Life Cycles was a humongous let down and I'm irked that the clip they chose to show was a generic breakdown. Trying to stay excited about the album but I don't know.
02:33 PM on 12/22/13
jrockisthebest
jrock is my nickname
User Info.
Yeah, Life Cycles was a humongous let down and I'm irked that the clip they chose to show was a generic breakdown. Trying to stay excited about the album but I don't know.
it was unmixed and unmastered so wait until first single comes out
02:47 PM on 12/22/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
it was unmixed and unmastered so wait until first single comes out
I'm not talking about the audio quality, I'm talking about the song writing. A quick breakdown with glitch electronics: something any band can do and have done, over and over again.
02:56 PM on 12/22/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Does it really take that many months to figure out your new favorite 10 breakdowns?
03:00 PM on 12/22/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I still enjoyed Life Cycles, but I agree that it definitely wasn't the direction I was hoping they'd go in.
03:01 PM on 12/22/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"...We're the band that has the live show that like, everyone else like looks at and, well I don't wanna say tries to imitate..."

Right.
03:02 PM on 12/22/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
I still enjoyed Life Cycles, but I agree that it definitely wasn't the direction I was hoping they'd go in.
I enjoyed it for like a month after it was released. I've gone back to it maybe once? This band has so much more going for them than empty breakdowns that fill track times.
03:03 PM on 12/22/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I enjoyed it for like a month after it was released. I've gone back to it maybe once? This band has so much more going for them than empty breakdowns that fill track times.
Exactly. They're far more talented than most bands in that scene.
03:21 PM on 12/22/13
jrockisthebest
jrock is my nickname
User Info.
I'm not talking about the audio quality, I'm talking about the song writing. A quick breakdown with glitch electronics: something any band can do and have done, over and over again.
so you are going to lose hype over a ten second clip?
03:30 PM on 12/22/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
"...We're the band that has the live show that like, everyone else like looks at and, well I don't wanna say tries to imitate..."

Right.

Whilst I don't think that's true, they are great live. They can actually play their songs live unlike most bands in the genre.
03:31 PM on 12/22/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
so you are going to lose hype over a ten second clip?
When I have 80 percent of the last album being chugs to go along with these 10 seconds, yeah I am. I'm not ruling the album out by any means but like I said, it's disappointing that this is what was chosen to be "teased."
03:34 PM on 12/22/13
jrockisthebest
jrock is my nickname
User Info.
When I have 80 percent of the last album being chugs to go along with these 10 seconds, yeah I am. I'm not ruling the album out by any means but like I said, it's disappointing that this is what was chosen to be "teased."
i guess im waiting until the first single to see what the album is going to sound like
03:48 PM on 12/22/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Whilst I don't think that's true, they are great live. They can actually play their songs live unlike most bands in the genre.

Are you referring to all metal or just scenecore bands like this?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos