Username
Password
The Ataris News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Ataris
Inside AP.net

The Ataris Post New Song Clip

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/23/13)
A clip of The Ataris recording a new song can be found in the replies. They've been posting some video clips on Vimeo as they prepare for their reunion tour.

Submitted by bradsonemanband

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
01:16 PM on 12/23/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
01:48 PM on 12/23/13
circasurvivor
User Info.
02:05 PM on 12/23/13
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
Even though Kris is a douche, I liked that song they posted a few years back "Graveyard of the Atlantic" and I enjoyed this little clip.

I feel guilty liking this band in 2014. It's just weird.
02:26 PM on 12/23/13
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.
I love the post-rockishness :)
02:28 PM on 12/23/13
duhpizza
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sounds huge.

I really hope this album actually sees the light of day next year. I don't understand why Kris doesn't just set-up a Kickstarter, instead of relentlessly touring and auditioning off his personal belongings?
02:32 PM on 12/23/13
duhpizza
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Even though Kris is a douche, I liked that song they posted a few years back "Graveyard of the Atlantic" and I enjoyed this little clip.

I feel guilty liking this band in 2014. It's just weird.

I've met Kris countless times and had the pleasure of interviewing him a few years back, in no way did he ever seem like a douche. In fact, he's one of the most down to earth people I've ever met from the "scene."

Aside from the drum incident, I see no other evidence to back up your claim of douchery.
02:34 PM on 12/23/13
Jake Gyllenhaal
Bustin' makes me feel good!
User Info.
02:37 PM on 12/23/13
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.
I've met Kris countless times and had the pleasure of interviewing him a few years back, in no way did he ever seem like a douche. In fact, he's one of the most down to earth people I've ever met from the "scene."
I highly doubt Kris is a douche. That drum throwing incident was taken way out of context. I'm sure there was a lot of shit that led up to that. Everyone makes their mistakes and has moments that they're not proud of. Unfortunately for Kris, youtube allowed the whole world to see a moment of weakness. People need to let it go.
02:40 PM on 12/23/13
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I highly doubt Kris is a douche. That drum throwing incident was taken way out of context. I'm sure there was a lot of shit that led up to that. Everyone makes their mistakes and has moments that they're not proud of. Unfortunately for Kris, youtube allowed the whole world to see a moment of weakness. People need to let it go.
Didn't Kris post a video of this exact same part with the drummer they had like four years ago?
02:45 PM on 12/23/13
duhpizza
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, I've just edited my post to include that.

He's been through a lot in the past decade. From a divorce, to essentially being dropped from a major label, to the backlash Welcome the Night received. I'm just happy he's still making music, a lot of people would've thrown in the towel.

On a side note, I think Welcome the Night is one of the most misunderstood albums in recent memory.
03:26 PM on 12/23/13
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
Yeah, I've just edited my post to include that.

He's been through a lot in the past decade. From a divorce, to essentially being dropped from a major label, to the backlash Welcome the Night received. I'm just happy he's still making music, a lot of people would've thrown in the towel.

On a side note, I think Welcome the Night is one of the most misunderstood albums in recent memory.

Welcome The Night is definitely the most misunderstood album. It is also my favorite album they ever done. The emotion and lyrics, you can tell Kris was a mess after the divorce. I hope people come to relize how amazing it is years later.
03:32 PM on 12/23/13
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.

Aside from the drum incident, I see no other evidence to back up your claim of douchery.
I've met him too and he was a nice guy when I met him. But throwing the drums, the fact so many people have come and left the band and such shows me he may be difficult to work with more so than some people in the "scene". If I'm wrong, whatever.

I mean if he's nice or not I couldn't care less, I'm here for the music. I liked the newest songs and think the new album has a chance to be good. This was the point of my post, not the douche comment.
04:01 PM on 12/23/13
duhpizza
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've met him too and he was a nice guy when I met him. But throwing the drums, the fact so many people have come and left the band and such shows me he may be difficult to work with more so than some people in the "scene". If I'm wrong, whatever.

I mean if he's nice or not I couldn't care less, I'm here for the music. I liked the newest songs and think the new album has a chance to be good. This was the point of my post, not the douche comment.
The drum incident was a bad move, that's a given. But in some ways, I can understand why Kris acted the way he did; the drummer absolutely tanked that night. I mean, just watch the videos. Throughout the entirety of it, the whole band are having to give him cues, resulting in each song coming off as a struggle. Kris clearly cares about his music and his fans, hence the overreaction. I'm sure if he could go back and change it, he would. Violence is never the answer.

As for being hard to work with, I guess we'll never know. However, to my knowledge most of the members have left in an amicable way.
04:44 PM on 12/23/13
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
this has me excited.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music