Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 33 of 33
07:21 AM on 12/26/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
When the video for "The Ringleader" came out, it just struck me as too similar to "The Flamingo Trigger," but without any of the things that I liked about that album. Plus, by then, Foxy had started moving on to their sort of power-disco phase, and I wasn't interested in breakdowns anymore. I may be wrong, but listening to "Every Sick...," I get the sense that Venetia Fair had a stronger direction and sense of what they wanted to accomplish. And the two bands are now sufficiently different, "Church of Rock and Roll" was hella boring, and I can get behind what TVF is doing and where they're heading.

That's exactly what I thought when I first heard The Venetia Fair. "This is what Foxy Shazam should sound like". With the exception of a few songs on their self-titled, I could never get into them past Introducing (which was one of my favorite albums in 2008). TVF was one of those bands I stumbled upon at Warped Tour and I fell in love with it. I agree with whoever made the Foxy Shazam/Panic! At The Disco comparison.
07:42 PM on 12/26/13
imchriswalken
Lesser human by post count
User Info.
That's exactly what I thought when I first heard The Venetia Fair. "This is what Foxy Shazam should sound like". With the exception of a few songs on their self-titled, I could never get into them past Introducing (which was one of my favorite albums in 2008). TVF was one of those bands I stumbled upon at Warped Tour and I fell in love with it. I agree with whoever made the Foxy Shazam/Panic! At The Disco comparison.
In fact, my thought when TVF came out was, "ugh, this sounds like Panic! trying waaay too hard to be Foxy," which, for me, was a HUGE turn off. Difference being I would eventually love where Foxy ended up on their self-titled, and therefore not at all being excited about traveling five years back in time. But, to me, "Every Sick..." picked up where Foxy's self-titled left off in terms of song writing and production, but went back to being really dark and heavy, which after "Church of Rock and Roll," is perfect and extremely welcome. To that, I would add that their darkness/heaviness is really reminiscent of MCR circa "Bullets," which I've heard and agree with as it absolutely reminds me of ten years ago.
09:20 PM on 12/26/13
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
User Info.
Imagine a bunch of mad scientists in a steampunk fan project start a rock band and make it sound like The Used. That's The Venetia Fair.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos