AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Starting Line News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Starting Line
Inside AP.net

Contest: Win Starting Line Tickets, Poster, and Meet...

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/27/13)
This Sunday, The Starting Line will host their annual holiday show at Starland Ballroom in NJ with special guests Vinnie Caruana, Major League and Real Friends. Want to win two tickets, a signed limited edition show poster, and a meet and greet with the band? Of course you do ... enter by leaving a comment in the replies about your favorite TSL holiday show and we'll pick a winner.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51
12:30 PM on 12/27/13
FTeric
Somewhere, something...
User Info.
My favorite holiday show has yet to be attended. Good line-up though!
12:30 PM on 12/27/13
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
First real show I ever got to see was them at Starland Ballroom on the Screaming Is For Babies Tour

One of the best shows I've ever seen and what really catapulted my superfandom

Not that cool of a story but goddamn I have loved this band ever since
12:31 PM on 12/27/13
t3hmilkman923
Subliminal mind fuck, America
User Info.
Saw them when they reunited for the holiday show back in 2010, best night of my life.
12:32 PM on 12/27/13
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
User Info.
My wife and I always had a soft spot in our hearts for TSL. We met when we were in 7th grade, became friends throughout high school, and started dating by the end of our senior year. Like a lot of couples, "Best of Me" became "our song." We grew older(!), but it seemed like the band grew with us.

We fell in love with Based on a True Story and Direction. Even now, after fights or after our happiest times, we will listen to "Island" to put everything in perspective. Obviously the band means a lot to us.

Fast forward through college, into marriage and graduate school, and we're in a new city across the country from our friends and family. It is 2009 and Philadelphia is starting to feel familiar, but still doesn't feel quite like home. Then the announcement comes that TSL will be playing TLA as their "not quite a reunion show." I knew we had to go.

I bought tickets as a surprise for my wife and she couldn't have been more thrilled. We drove from the suburbs to South Street, had a wonderful early dinner, then took in a pop-punk show like it was 2000 again. We hadn't seen as many shows as we did then, but it definitely felt the same. We were 5 years removed from high school, had been married for juts over a year, and TSL (and Valencia) brought great memories from early in our relationship back to the front of our minds.

That night, driving through Center City, past Boathouse Row, and ultimately back onto the Main Line, Philadelphia finally felt like home. The Starting Line had a huge hand in that, and it'd be awesome to create some new memories this Sunday, and remember some of those from the past.
12:33 PM on 12/27/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Yep haven't seen them play a holiday show before, haven't seen them since like 07' Warped or something because when they actually played here it sold out in 10 seconds and I refused to even try because I'm not spending that much on ticketmaster fees.
12:40 PM on 12/27/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Though this will be my fourth holiday show in five years, my personal favorite show was the first one they did at Starland Ballroom, which was originally scheduled for December 26, 2010. I almost wasn't able to go because my hockey game got rescheduled to that night, but because it snowed both events were cancelled. I was able to attend the rescheduled show on January 7th with my best friend. That night it snowed again but we, and the band, braved the snow to get into that sweaty room and sing along to our favorite songs. That's one of my favorite concert memories.

I would love to have a meet and greet with the band on Sunday to let them know just how much their music and their shows have affected my life, and also to brag to the keyboardist Brian about knocking him out of the fantasy football playoffs and winning the league championship. :)
12:43 PM on 12/27/13
twolinedrawing
Jersey 'til I die
User Info.
The first one back after the hiatus. Felt great to be around your friends for the holidays listening to songs you grew up to. Lots of great memories from the show AND ones that came back to us while singing out at the venue.
12:46 PM on 12/27/13
icedog7777
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Last year's SILYMI 10th anniversary show at Convention Hall was pretty epic... Seeing one of my favorite albums from high school performed in its entirety was unforgettable!
12:47 PM on 12/27/13
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
I was at their last Philly show before their hiatus. They filmed a DVD of the show, yet I only made the cut by a half second. I was seen jumping around... Nothing special. Haven't seen them since but would love to. One of the things they said at this particular show was "See you in 2012" and I haven't seen them since. It would be nice to!
12:53 PM on 12/27/13
crowbarmark
so much better than you
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've seen them several times at Starland Ballroom .. back when only Say It Like You Mean It was the only album they had out. Since then, they've released DIRECTION which I'm a big fan of and would like to see them perform live.
12:56 PM on 12/27/13
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
Went to the "Say it Like You Mean It" tour last year, and it was amazing. Great music, great friends, great times. It's what the Holidays are all about. I'd love to get the chance to thank them for giving that to my friends and I.
12:56 PM on 12/27/13
BroNamath
Life's a Garden, Dig it!
User Info.
I've been lucky enough to have gone to see the starting line a few times. It's become almost a tradition for me and my little sister. My favorite memory was the holiday show that got delayed due to a huge snowstorm. The energy at Starland that night was incredible. We were lucky enough to be on the barricade that night and I'll always cherish singing every word to every single song with my sister.
01:06 PM on 12/27/13
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
Someone ask them about them possibly playing Warped Tour.
01:20 PM on 12/27/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Never saw their holiday show. First show I saw was their "final" show at Bamboozle 08. Since then, I have yet to see them. I was supposed to see their SILYM tour last year but was sick. I actually saw Person L more times than TSL haha. Plus my girlfriend of (going to be 5 years..holy shit!) loves them and this would be a perfect (after) Christmas gift for her!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests