AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

UK News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

UK Music Round-Up (12/28/13)

Posted by - 04:07 AM on 12/28/13
Head to the replies to see this week's UK Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
04:07 AM on 12/28/13
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
UK Music Round-UpFestival News
A new bunch of bands have been added to June's Download Festival. New additions are:
Download FestivalSikTh
Suicide Silence
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Memphis May Fire
The Amity Affliction
Lonely The Brave
Arcane Roots
Feed The Rhino
Volbeat
Buckcherry
Battlecross
Jake E. Lee's Red Dragon Cartel
Thy Art Is Murder

Brand New
will headline next year's Hit The Deck Festival, which will take place on the 19th and 20th of April in venues across Bristol and Nottingham respectively.

Kids In Glass Houses have been confirmed for Takedown Festivall. The full list of additions is:
Takedown FestivalKids In Glass Houses
Jamie Lenman
Fearless Vampire Killers
Verses
Chimaira
Idiom

News
Natives have released new EP Going In Alone as a free download.

Neck Deep have posted a video for new track "Growing Pains".

Above The Underground will release debut album Sonder on the 17th February. The band have posted new song "Return To Point Pleasant" on YouTube.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Tours
Brand New (SUPPORT: Saves The Day)
April
11th Southampton Guildhall
12th London Troxy
14th Leeds Academy
15th Glasgow Barrowland
16th Newcastle Academy
18th Manchester Academy

A Wilhelm Scream (SUPPORT: Gnarwolves)
March
11th Leeds Cockpit
12th Bristol Exchange
13th Norwich Waterfront
14th Southampton Joiners
15th London Borderline

La Dispute (SUPPORT: O'Brother)
May
17th Cardiff Clwb Ifor Bach
18th Leeds Brudenell
19th Glasgow King Tut's
20th Manchester Deaf Institute
21st London Bush Hall
22nd London Bush Hall

Taking Back Sunday
February
23rd Coventry Kasbah

The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die (SUPPORT: Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate))
April
6th Brighton Green Door Store
7th Kingston Fighting Cocks
8th Plymouth White Rabbit
9th Norwich Epic Studios
10th Glasgow Classic Grand
11th Leeds Wharf Chambers
12th Manchester Star & Garter
13th London Lexington

Panic! At The Disco
May
7th Glasgow Academy
8th Manchester Apollo
9th London Hammersmith Apollo
12th Dublin Olympia
13th Belfast Mandela Hall

F.O.E.S.
February
22nd Liverpool Kazimier
24th Edinburgh Bannerman's
26th Glasgow Bloc
27th Dundee Buskers
28th Coventry Kasbah
March
1st Newcastle Dog & Parrot
2nd Manchester Gulliver's
4th London Dublin Castle

The Red Paintings
February
7th Wakefield Hop
8th Chester Compass
9th Edinburgh Sneaky Pete's
10th Glasgow Audio
11th Newcastle Cluny 2
13th Derby Radar Love
14th Leicester Academy
15th Manchester Sound Control
16th Bristol Mother's Ruin
17th York Fibbers
18th Guildford Boilerroom
19th Milton Keynes Craufurd Arms
20th London Barfly
05:35 AM on 12/28/13
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
Why the hell do bands keep missing out Birmingham, it is really starting to get on my nerves.
06:12 AM on 12/28/13
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why do bands play Newcastle? Shows seem to always sell much shitter there. Example being Brand New's show still having Standing & Seating on sale. Also, have seen people who go to gigs in Newcastle say the crowds can be terrible there too.
06:17 AM on 12/28/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
Why the hell do bands keep missing out Birmingham, it is really starting to get on my nerves.

I find it strange how bands keep missing out Birmingham but the play in Southampton... I remember seeing tour dates a few days ago for a band where they were playing a 2,500 capacity venue in London, and then a 400 capacity venue in Southampton. Surely that means there isn't enough demand in Southampton? I would have thought so anyway. The band probably could have played a ~1,500 in Birmingham instead (if there is one), since it is our second biggest city.
10:04 AM on 12/28/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Can't believe Hit the Deck managed to get Brand New such a great year for them.
10:17 AM on 12/28/13
Chrisj182
User Info.
Manchester rarely misses out on anything, glad to see the World Is Beautiful Place and Empire Empire! playing there.
10:27 AM on 12/28/13
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
Why do bands play Newcastle? Shows seem to always sell much shitter there. Example being Brand New's show still having Standing & Seating on sale. Also, have seen people who go to gigs in Newcastle say the crowds can be terrible there too.

Are you serious? Newcastle shows are the only time bands play the North at all, let alone the North East. For many, many people Newcastle is the only chance they have to go to gigs, even if it means a 40 minute drive to do so.
01:46 PM on 12/28/13
Web250
What!? A new avatar?
User Info.
Are you serious? Newcastle shows are the only time bands play the North at all, let alone the North East. For many, many people Newcastle is the only chance they have to go to gigs, even if it means a 40 minute drive to do so.
This. If tours don't go to Newcastle there's nothing else close.

I feel equally as left out in Hull, closest usual place is Leeds. Trains don't run late enough and it's a solid 60 miles drive each way
02:23 PM on 12/28/13
holypinto
http://holypinto.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Manchester rarely misses out on anything, glad to see the World Is Beautiful Place and Empire Empire! playing there.
Yup, love it here - there's almost no question whether the band you want to see are stopping by.

I say that, but there was a point when a few of the smaller bands would do a circuit where they missed out Manchester in favour of doing 3 slightly smaller gigs in Leeds/Liverpool/Stoke. Front Bottoms did this last time they were over, notably. Not that common though.
04:05 PM on 12/28/13
Chrisj182
User Info.
Yup, love it here - there's almost no question whether the band you want to see are stopping by.

I say that, but there was a point when a few of the smaller bands would do a circuit where they missed out Manchester in favour of doing 3 slightly smaller gigs in Leeds/Liverpool/Stoke. Front Bottoms did this last time they were over, notably. Not that common though.
Yeah agreed, always annoying when bands pick Leeds over Manchester. Thought we might have lost some gigs with Moho burning down but there seems to be no stopping the tours coming here.
07:03 PM on 12/28/13
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Brand New, La Dispute and TWIABP will all be being attended in Glasgow. Great line up of shows already for early 2014
10:08 AM on 12/29/13
zildjian
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is their potentially a promoter in the area not in business anymore or something?
01:20 PM on 12/29/13
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I get your point, for sure. It just seems like shows their don't get the sort of crowds other places do though.
05:23 PM on 12/29/13
quizonmyface
Asian girls love them some Jews
User Info.

Who are these 'people who go to gigs' ? I've seen some of the best crowds ever in Newcastle and lots and lots of bands genuinely love it here too. Granted, the scene used to be a bit shittier when 'hardcore' first became a thing and everyone decided to hate anything that they couldn't two-step to.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos