Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Transit Cancel NYE Show Tonight

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/31/13)
Transit have canceled their New Year's Eve show tonight due to a family illness.
It is with a heavy heart that we must cancel tonightís show at the Amyityville Music Hall due to a family illness. Thank you to all of our fans for making 2013 our bandís best year yet, we wish all of you a safe and happy New Year.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
01:05 PM on 12/31/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Is there refunds or?
01:15 PM on 12/31/13
notetoself343
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i love how the only thing people care about is refunds, obviously there will be… when there is they will tell you, till then have some respect for the band and the family member that is ill… hope everything works out for whomever is sick
01:20 PM on 12/31/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
And all the people on Facebook/Twitter thinking that the band has their money/would be responsible for refunds. Jesus. Hope the family member has a speedy recovery.
03:02 PM on 12/31/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
i love how the only thing people care about is refunds, obviously there will be… when there is they will tell you, till then have some respect for the band and the family member that is ill… hope everything works out for whomever is sick
LOL You're an idiot, the only reason I said that is because the guy who runs the booking company has ripped people off before (myself included). Judging off of one statement is pretty ignorant, don't bother replying because I'm putting you on my ignore list anyway. Have a great NYE!
04:02 PM on 12/31/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
04:27 PM on 12/31/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Julian has a good point. Most times the venue says it's cancelled and refunds are available from point of purchase but the promoter has a bad reputation. Looks like the show is still going on because it's displayed on Ticketfly with Daryl from Glassjaw headlining it. It sucks they had to cancel and best wishes to the sick family member but if I paid money for this, I'd want to know about the refund. Not from the band but from the venue/promoter.
10:05 PM on 12/31/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
LOL You're an idiot, the only reason I said that is because the guy who runs the booking company has ripped people off before (myself included). Judging off of one statement is pretty ignorant, don't bother replying because I'm putting you on my ignore list anyway. Have a great NYE!

Julian has a good point. Most times the venue says it's cancelled and refunds are available from point of purchase but the promoter has a bad reputation. Looks like the show is still going on because it's displayed on Ticketfly with Daryl from Glassjaw headlining it. It sucks they had to cancel and best wishes to the sick family member but if I paid money for this, I'd want to know about the refund. Not from the band but from the venue/promoter.

Yeah, I can relate to this point of view. If you don't know the band personally or they chose not to disclose the situation, a person's only connection to the events is via them having bought a ticket. Obviously I feel for the dudes having to deal with some heavy shit on a holiday. Although, people wanting a refund for something they thought was going to happen but now isn't, isn't something to get mad about.

By the way - I think the Daryl thing was happening regardless, just at the bar afterwards, separate from the show. Weird that they were promoting it as one thing, if they were. I might be mistaken though.

Also, quoting you guys because you brought up something interesting. I'm not trying to gossip or anything, but ECC booked this right? I'm an LI-er and have been going to shows for quite a while (not all too many of theirs, but I'm aware of what goes on), but I've never heard of them being crooked/ripping people off. Unless I'm forgetting some sort of key event, haha. Just found it interesting, really.
10:39 PM on 12/31/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Yeah, I can relate to this point of view. If you don't know the band personally or they chose not to disclose the situation, a person's only connection to the events is via them having bought a ticket. Obviously I feel for the dudes having to deal with some heavy shit on a holiday. Although, people wanting a refund for something they thought was going to happen but now isn't, isn't something to get mad about.

By the way - I think the Daryl thing was happening regardless, just at the bar afterwards, separate from the show. Weird that they were promoting it as one thing, if they were. I might be mistaken though.

Also, quoting you guys because you brought up something interesting. I'm not trying to gossip or anything, but ECC booked this right? I'm an LI-er and have been going to shows for quite a while (not all too many of theirs, but I'm aware of what goes on), but I've never heard of them being crooked/ripping people off. Unless I'm forgetting some sort of key event, haha. Just found it interesting, really.
I remember them fucking people over with local acts. If it was a two band tour that had locals open for them, they would advertise 1 local band on the show flyer/ticket. The doors would be at 7 so you would think 1st band on 730 to 750, main support from 815-845 and headliner on from 915 to 1030 lets just say. What you eventually found out was that the promoter added on 3 other local bands not including the one local advertised. This meant that the main support was going on around 930/945 and the headliner was close to 1030/1045 to after midnight. That wouldn't be a problem on Fridays or Saturdays but during the week is a little messed up.

I also recall a show there a few years back with The Sleeping headlining. I want to say The Junior Varsity and a few other bands were playing. Something happened where The Sleeping couldn't do the show so they said the show was cancelled. What they didn't realize was that the show was still going on but instead of The Sleeping headlining, it was The Junior Varsity. A lot of people tried getting their money back but the promoter said that the show still happened and there were 0 refunds. I can understand an opener dropping out but the main band everyone was there to see? That's bush league right there. I'm sure Julian has a similar story.
12:22 AM on 01/01/14
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I remember them fucking people over with local acts. If it was a two band tour that had locals open for them, they would advertise 1 local band on the show flyer/ticket. The doors would be at 7 so you would think 1st band on 730 to 750, main support from 815-845 and headliner on from 915 to 1030 lets just say. What you eventually found out was that the promoter added on 3 other local bands not including the one local advertised. This meant that the main support was going on around 930/945 and the headliner was close to 1030/1045 to after midnight. That wouldn't be a problem on Fridays or Saturdays but during the week is a little messed up.

I also recall a show there a few years back with The Sleeping headlining. I want to say The Junior Varsity and a few other bands were playing. Something happened where The Sleeping couldn't do the show so they said the show was cancelled. What they didn't realize was that the show was still going on but instead of The Sleeping headlining, it was The Junior Varsity. A lot of people tried getting their money back but the promoter said that the show still happened and there were 0 refunds. I can understand an opener dropping out but the main band everyone was there to see? That's bush league right there. I'm sure Julian has a similar story.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that "adding a shitload of local bands the week/day of" thing was really their schtick for a while. I can definitely recall times where I'd go to a show thinking I'd be out of there early and end up at the train station at midnight, hah. It never inconvenienced me too bad, but it was a bummer.

As for the other thing, I don't know if ECC booked that show, so just as a devil's advocate type of thing, that was probably the Broadway Bar's wrongdoing. I remember shit being pretty messy for the year or two it was called that. I remember the dude from The Sleeping owned the place, but ended up cutting out pretty early on because the other dudes weren't being courteous/rational with how they ran the place.

I was going to go into a whole semi-comical complaint about Club Loaded while on the topic of LI booking companies, but that's another post for another day, haha.
01:21 AM on 01/01/14
upthepunx
User Info.
i am OFFENDED at internet comment
08:12 AM on 01/01/14
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that "adding a shitload of local bands the week/day of" thing was really their schtick for a while. I can definitely recall times where I'd go to a show thinking I'd be out of there early and end up at the train station at midnight, hah. It never inconvenienced me too bad, but it was a bummer.

As for the other thing, I don't know if ECC booked that show, so just as a devil's advocate type of thing, that was probably the Broadway Bar's wrongdoing. I remember shit being pretty messy for the year or two it was called that. I remember the dude from The Sleeping owned the place, but ended up cutting out pretty early on because the other dudes weren't being courteous/rational with how they ran the place.

I was going to go into a whole semi-comical complaint about Club Loaded while on the topic of LI booking companies, but that's another post for another day, haha.
Hahaha I know a few "war stories" from the Crazy Donkey back in the day. I don't recall too many shady things happening in NJ other than the annual Break contests for Bamboozle. I remember Starland used to fuck a lot of local bands. I think the minimum for tickets sold was 75 for some throwaway show like Powerman 5000. If you sold 74 let's just say, they would say that's close enough..we'll see you on that day! Bands would come down there and talk to the promoter. The promoter would count the 74 tickets and go, "You're short. You didn't sell the 75 tickets. You're not playing today". No matter all the pleading bands would do, it wouldn't matter. I understand the minimum was 75 but for them to bring you down there anyway, take the money from the tickets, and then turn you away it's pretty low.
08:58 AM on 01/01/14
getxbetter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As a guy that has played and worked many shows that Jake and ECC has booked, I felt I needed to say that he is one of the best and most standup promoters in the whole country. Trying to assign any blame in this situation isn't right.
03:32 PM on 01/02/14
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
If you had tickets and your primary concern in this matter is getting your money back, you should probz issue a twitter apology pronto before your brand is worthless.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests