Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Lorde Talks Image With The NYT

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/02/14)
Lorde has opened up about a variety of topics in a new New York Times interview.
People like to paint me in a certain way, but Iím a hugely sex-positive person and I have nothing against anyone getting naked. For me personally, I just donít think it really would complement my music in any way or help me tell a story any better. Itís not like I have a problem with dancing around in undies ó I think you can use that stuff in a hugely powerful way. It just hasnít felt necessary for me.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 62
12:00 PM on 01/02/14
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This girl is remarkably well spoken for someone her age.
12:18 PM on 01/02/14
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This girl is remarkably well spoken for someone her age.
And yet she still writes songs with painfully awful lyrics about how she and her friends "run things."
12:20 PM on 01/02/14
RyneOh1040
User Info.
And yet she still writes songs with painfully awful lyrics about how she and her friends "run things."
12:25 PM on 01/02/14
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
DAE Lordefap and Jennifer Lawrence?!?!?!?
12:27 PM on 01/02/14
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
I think a lot of her online backlash is just because it's annoying when some of her fans act like she's the deepest and realest thing ever and argue if anyone says differently, and because she kinda comes off as a know it all pretentious teenager. But lbr, that is most teenagers. If I had been famous as a teen... Dear lord(e) that would've been mortifing. She sounds very much her age to me and I think as she gets older she'll transform into a very intelligent woman. She just has dumb teenager syndrome right now. I think it's funny when people say she sounds super mature for her age tho. If ya'll sit down and have a genuine conversation with most teens, I think they'll be more mature and aware than you might think. They're not all total idiots.
12:28 PM on 01/02/14
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
This girl has her head on straight and wish her much more success.
12:59 PM on 01/02/14
freakoffaleash
Egg
User Info.
Im just still pissed that royals was the number one "rock" song on billboard.
01:18 PM on 01/02/14
quizonmyface
Asian girls love them some Jews
User Info.
Call me old fashioned but she's 17 years old, she shouldn't be dancing round in her underwear anyway.
01:50 PM on 01/02/14
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't understand how this is even an appropriate response. Have you listened to the two singles that she's released? Her lyrics are contrived bullshit.
02:03 PM on 01/02/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Interesting read. One of the coolest things about this girl is the way she doesn't seem to be saying things to exaggerate her personality in the media; she is very well-spoken for her age, and it seems as though a lot of people are dismissing her purely for the sake of going against the grain. I enjoyed Pure Heroin quite a bit, and look forward to seeing where her career goes next.
03:06 PM on 01/02/14
Alex!
The Eventually Home
User Info.
I don't understand the Lorde hate. She is the only mainstream artist doing anything remotely artistic and thoughtful. And one of the only ones writing her own music.
03:22 PM on 01/02/14
RyneOh1040
User Info.
I don't understand how this is even an appropriate response. Have you listened to the two singles that she's released? Her lyrics are contrived bullshit.
I've listened to the entire album several times through and don't understand the hate she's getting. She puts out a great debut album (not for a 16 year old, but for anyone) that also finds commercial success and people hate on that for some reason.
03:22 PM on 01/02/14
RyneOh1040
User Info.
I don't understand the Lorde hate. She is the only mainstream artist doing anything remotely artistic and thoughtful. And one of the only ones writing her own music.
This. I don't know if I agree with only one but she's certainly one of the only ones. And definitely the only one anywhere near her age range.
03:27 PM on 01/02/14
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
nice
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music