Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Song Exploder Podcast #1: Jimmy Tamborello

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/02/14)
A cool new podcast has shown up called "Song Exploder." In each new episode the guest goes over exactly what went into building and breaking down one of their songs. The first episode is with Jimmy Tamborello as he breaks down The Postal Service's "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight." You can download it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9.
04:38 PM on 01/02/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
04:43 PM on 01/02/14
j4callen
ummm
User Info.
This is dope. Why does it seem like every dude with a podcast has a lisp though? haha
04:59 PM on 01/02/14
holypinto
http://holypinto.bandcamp.com
User Info.
hope the result is as good as the concept sounds! chucking it on now..

edit: It was decent. Best bit was getting to hear Jenny's vocal track without the music. I think it's now Rilo Kiley listening-time for me..
06:11 PM on 01/02/14
foomanfat
User Info.
Just wish it could be longer.
01:21 PM on 01/03/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
hope the result is as good as the concept sounds! chucking it on now..

edit: It was decent. Best bit was getting to hear Jenny's vocal track without the music. I think it's now Rilo Kiley listening-time for me..

Yep. It's a damn shame Rilo imploded like that, I would kill for a reunion
01:34 PM on 01/04/14
holypinto
User Info.
Yep. It's a damn shame Rilo imploded like that, I would kill for a reunion
I need to take a bit more time with their catalogue - for me it's usually just losing myself in "more adventurous." any specific songs or albums you'd recommend?
04:44 PM on 01/04/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I need to take a bit more time with their catalogue - for me it's usually just losing myself in "more adventurous." any specific songs or albums you'd recommend?
The one before that, the execution of all things is by far my favorite Rilo Kiley release. From start to finish the album is awesome, and the chilly weather fits it well. Capturing moods and A Better son/daughter are stand outs for me, but everything is so damn solid, the front half in particular. After that, the rest of the catalogue has good individual songs but nothing as cohesive as a whole.
03:14 PM on 01/05/14
holypinto
User Info.
The one before that, the execution of all things is by far my favorite Rilo Kiley release. From start to finish the album is awesome, and the chilly weather fits it well. Capturing moods and A Better son/daughter are stand outs for me, but everything is so damn solid, the front half in particular. After that, the rest of the catalogue has good individual songs but nothing as cohesive as a whole.
thanks dude.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests