AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Major League Amicably Parts With Frontman

Posted by - 09:16 AM on 01/09/14
Major League and singer Nick Trask have amicably parted ways. You can read statements from both sides in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
09:17 AM on 01/09/14
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Statements"Major League has, and always will be an incredible experience filled with life changing memories. I wouldn’t change anything. It was a privilege to be able to spend the past few years with some amazing, talented, good hearted guys traveling the world playing music, and meeting so many awesome people. With saying that, I feel it is my time to leave Major League and move on to other things in my life. Besides writing a few lines of lyrics here and there, Major League is truly made up of Brian, Matt, Luke, and Kyle. They are the heart and soul behind what you hear, read, and relate. The music they have been writing for the next full length sounds amazing and I, as a fan cannot wait to hear how it all comes out. I wish nothing but the best for these guys in everything they will accomplish. Thanks for everything. I love you guys." - Nick Trask

“When you spend four years of your life traveling the world with someone, you develop a sort of new phase of friendship. It’s like this weird understanding of each other that’s hard to describe. I wish I could’ve said I didn’t see it coming but we both knew the time was here. It was time for a change for both parties, one was just afraid to say it to the other. That being said though, I’m not “replacing” Nick as a vocalist. I’m just here to sing my songs. I’m not going to try replicate his voice. I have my own. Nick and I in particular have always had this strange bond where, I write the song and he portrays it. It was an amazing and unique way of doing things to say the least, but it was our way. I’m glad we got to spend the last few years traveling and playing our music around the world; but people’s interests change. It’s ok to change. It’s how we grow into our own. I’d like to think that I helped him find himself as much as he helped me. I’m so excited to really push our band to its full potential and take on a new. 2014 is just the beginning of a beautiful new process. I wish Nick nothing but the best in his endeavors in the future and thank you for your contributions to not only Major League, but my life as well.” - Brian Joyce
09:29 AM on 01/09/14
WhenWeBrenden
User Info.
Bummer, Nick had a great presence. Hopefully this will smooth like the Hit The Lights vocalist transition. Good luck to Nick and the remaining members of the band.
09:32 AM on 01/09/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
didn't realize it was that kind of arrangement.
09:33 AM on 01/09/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Damn Hard Feelings was a great record, but I like Brian's voice more anyway so I think this could end up being really cool for the band.

As long as they keep sounding like they did on Hard Feelings and not their previous stuff I can see them getting pretty big in the pop punk scene
09:49 AM on 01/09/14
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
huge bummer, loved his voice and love Major League
10:01 AM on 01/09/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Clean and classy way to deal with an issue that is huge when it comes to songwriter vs. frontman conflict/discomfort. Singing somebody else's words can be awkward, specially when you end up becoming the person associated with them. Glad they sorted it out this well though.
10:17 AM on 01/09/14
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
Where can I hear this dude sing
10:24 AM on 01/09/14
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
I always find it really strange when the singer of a band has pretty much nothing to do with the lyrics.
11:45 AM on 01/09/14
Timekeeper
Writer
User Info.
Sad to see him go, but I'm optimistic for the band's future. I didn't know this was the band's arrangement until this news, either.
11:48 AM on 01/09/14
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I always find it really strange when the singer of a band has pretty much nothing to do with the lyrics.
Real Friends
11:58 AM on 01/09/14
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Yes. I'm aware that Major League isn't the only band where the singer doesn't write the lyrics. What's your point?
11:58 AM on 01/09/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
there are a lot of bands that do this and i also find it weird
12:07 PM on 01/09/14
likedyingy0ung
The Sap In My Selfish Glass
User Info.
Sometimes people can be brilliant lyricists but can't sing worth a damn and sometimes vice versa. Not everyone who can sing is immediately an incredible writer. Also pretty much the biggest band in the fucking world has this setup, it's not exactly like it's a new or out-there concept, just different.
12:09 PM on 01/09/14
ThSceneReleases
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Look at Jordan from NFG.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version