Username
Password
Facebook News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Facebook
Inside AP.net

Steve Rennie No Longer Managing Incubus

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/13/14)
Steve Rennie, manager of the band Incubus, has ended his tenure with the band.
After 16 amazing years, my tenure as manager of Incubus has ended. It has been my honor and privilege to have served as manager and mentor to Brandon, Mike, Jose, Chris, Ben, and Alex. I want to thank each of them for allowing me to be a part of their rock n roll dream. It's been an amazing ride, the memories of which, I will treasure forever. I wish the guys good luck and success in all that they do in the future.

I wanted to also acknowledge and say thank you to the thousands of Incubus fans around the world who I've had the chance to meet and interact with over the last 16 years. Your support and love has inspired me in ways you could not possibly imagine. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Incubus fans are the greatest fans in the world. I will miss you.

For me, I'm really looking forward to spending more time on new things that I'm passionate about. While I'm hanging up my Incubus manager hat I've not lost my passion and desire to help this next generation of artists and aspiring music professionals reach for their dreams.

As most of you know, a year and a half ago I started a website, Renman Music & Business, and a webshow called Renman Live to help mentor folks about today's music business. I've had the opportunity to invite some of the smartest and most talented people in the music biz to join me on Renman Live to share their insight and experience with folks who are dreaming of doing something big in music. It's been a ton of fun and I want to do more.

On Wednesday I will be launching Renman U, my insider's guide to todays music business. It's a free 12 week online course for folks who are dreaming of doing something big in the music business but who don't live in one of the major music hubs or can't afford to attend a university. If that sounds like you I hope to see you in 'class'.

The last 16 years with my friends in Incubus has truly been a dream come true for me. But, I'm still a dreamer at heart and I'm not done dreaming yet and I'm definitely not done doing.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Cheers,

Ren

Submitted by torres

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
11:28 AM on 01/13/14
keepthechange11
Blink and you miss a beat
User Info.
Aww :( We'll miss you, Ren.
11:37 AM on 01/13/14
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Weird to announce your separation with a band that isn't together anymore, but I guess it's cool to know he'll be focusing his full effort into Renman whether Incubus is active or not.
11:39 AM on 01/13/14
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
What a great manager. Very communicative with the public way more than any other manager.
11:46 AM on 01/13/14
stereojorge
User Info.
Weird to announce your separation with a band that isn't together anymore, but I guess it's cool to know he'll be focusing his full effort into Renman whether Incubus is active or not.
Who says Incubus isn't together? They are just on a second hiatus, but have never announce an end to the band whatsoever. They'll be back with another album after time to themselves.
11:55 AM on 01/13/14
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
classy ass way of going out
12:07 PM on 01/13/14
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
This dude is a king. I HIGHLY recommend watching any of his renmanmb.com videos if you're even slightly interested in the music business.
12:16 PM on 01/13/14
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
I thought Incubus already broke up again.
01:18 PM on 01/13/14
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I don't know what their current status is, but on twitter Dirk tweeted awhile ago that he went to lunch with Jose and I think Brandon. I think he actually did a song with Jose too.
01:58 PM on 01/13/14
moore182
User Info.
Make Yourself is stellar.
01:58 PM on 01/13/14
strikefirefall
User Info.
Why do people think this band isn't together? They just did a couple shows in South America not too long ago. Just because a band isn't recording or touring doesn't mean they've broken up.
02:21 PM on 01/13/14
CarpeDiem8711
fght ff yr dmns
User Info.
I didn't see this coming, but it makes sense with Rennie's other pursuits. I wish him the best of success.

To those who didn't know, although Incubus is on hiatus they toured Latin and South America at the tail end of last year. A particularly heavy emphasis on ACLOTM -- playing 10 of 14 songs. Also, the recent collaboration with "Dirk" and Jose can be found here.
02:51 PM on 01/13/14
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Who says Incubus isn't together? They are just on a second hiatus, but have never announce an end to the band whatsoever. They'll be back with another album after time to themselves.

Eh, I'm not saying you're wrong about them coming back, but I certainly don't find the words "on hiatus" when referring to a band to equate to them being "together" or "active". To say they'll "come back" is to assume they're not here to begin with.

But anyway, yeah, can't wait for them to return with new jams someday!
03:55 PM on 01/13/14
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
I don't know what their current status is, but on twitter Dirk tweeted awhile ago that he went to lunch with Jose and I think Brandon. I think he actually did a song with Jose too.

Jose and Dirk did a song for the latest Rayman game, unless you're talking about a possible new collaboration... I wish Dirk would go back to Incubus and make one great album with them again.
04:32 PM on 01/13/14
torres
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://incubushq.com/profiles/blogs/...s-announcement

Originally Posted by Incubus
As of today, Incubus and Steve Rennie have decided to part ways. We as a band are truly thankful for his many years of guidance and support, and wish him only success and happiness in his future endeavors.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests