AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Podcast: Life of a Booking Agent (Episode...

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/13/14)
After wanting to throw my computer against a wall when Logic Pro X stopped doing what I needed it to last week, I was finally able to get it working and put together our latest episode of the AbsolutePunk.net Podcast. This week's episode has booking agent Dave Shapiro from The Agency Group joining Zack and I. The conversation centers around what role a booking agent plays in a band's career and a lot of what goes on behind the scenes with bands and tours. Plus, I get to ask "who first came up with the idea for that bury the hatchet tour?" ... and then make snarky marketing department jokes. Good times all around and a really informative episode. The episode can be streamed and/or downloaded in the replies.

Want to make sure you never miss an episode? You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via your own RSS feed reader, or on SoundCloud. You can also find all of our previous episodes on iTunes and SoundCloud.

Interesting in sponsoring an episode of the podcast? Email us for more information.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
11:41 AM on 01/13/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
12:18 PM on 01/13/14
ryandoyle
WTF bro?
User Info.
Really liked this episode. Very interesting and informative to hear the perspective from that side of the industry.
12:23 PM on 01/13/14
gabrielM
User Info.
I'm interested in this. Will be checking out soon.
12:54 PM on 01/13/14
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
Jason posted about this episode a few weeks ago in a thread discussing where ticket sales all go, been looking forward to this one.
01:24 PM on 01/13/14
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
Great listen. Lotta interesting questions and Dave seems like a really good dude.
02:04 PM on 01/13/14
seanwaits
Let It Happen / Sean
User Info.
Love this! Really good insight.
02:46 PM on 01/13/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Logic Pro X.....can't live with it.....uh......
02:54 PM on 01/13/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Logic Pro X.....can't live with it.....uh......
Yeah, after looking into it more -- turns out it's due to a bug in the software. I found a workaround. Then had to learn about Noise Gates and Expanders to try and clean up the audio. Haha. It was a weird weekend.
02:59 PM on 01/13/14
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
Yeah, after looking into it more -- turns out it's due to a bug in the software. I found a workaround. Then had to learn about Noise Gates and Expanders to try and clean up the audio. Haha. It was a weird weekend.
haha, yeah ive run across quite a few bugs with logic pro x and it just eats so much CPU, but even after all of that i still love it (mostly because of that super low price tag). sounds like you spent your weekend learning some of the stuff i get to study in school.....although i still dont know exactly how an expander works, my professors would kill me if they saw this post
03:00 PM on 01/13/14
heron182
User Info.
Any mention of a count the stars reunion haha
03:03 PM on 01/13/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
haha, yeah ive run across quite a few bugs with logic pro x and it just eats so much CPU, but even after all of that i still love it (mostly because of that super low price tag). sounds like you spent your weekend learning some of the stuff i get to study in school.....although i still dont know exactly how an expander works, my professors would kill me if they saw this post
Hahaha, I watched so many of this kid's videos ... a lot of it went over my head, but some of it was really helpful (like this one) to my very limited knowledge of audio editing. Haha.
03:04 PM on 01/13/14
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
Hahaha, I watched so many of this kid's videos ... a lot of it went over my head, but some of it was really helpful (like this one) to my very limited knowledge of audio editing. Haha.
oh wow yeah i've watch a lot of this guy's videos as well. very good stuff
04:09 PM on 01/13/14
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Another great episode, his comment on how he deals with Victory was funny
04:26 PM on 01/13/14
Fringe
highfive
User Info.
What a great, informative podcast. Thanks for this!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests