AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Acoustic News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Acoustic
Inside AP.net

Steve Van Tine Posts New Acoustic Demo "You're No...

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/13/14)
I received this message this morning: "I've been writing for 10 years. I work a shitty job to try and pay for a record I'm about to make and can't afford. Please help me with a post, or anything, I just want to be heard. - Steve Van Tine" -- and maybe it's because I'm riding a caffeine high and feeling sentimental -- but it worked. Here you go Steve, check the replies for the video of "You're Not Bob Dylan."

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
12:15 PM on 01/13/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
12:18 PM on 01/13/14
lpfan407
User Info.
@jason you should post more local/starving artists videos! Check out these guys - facebook.com/officialhitm
12:42 PM on 01/13/14
Ben Lee
Gold light breaks behind the houses
User Info.
I think this a cool thing of you to do, Jason. It'd be cool to see more stuff like this, beyond the random interviews that people do. A video/audio, accompany with an interview would be awesome.
12:51 PM on 01/13/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Saw this last night too and just didn't have the heart to delete like we normally do for random submissions like this. Live the dream man, live the dream.
01:27 PM on 01/13/14
rbf737
User Info.
Ha sounds exactly like me in his description of himself/situation. Definitely need more posts like this.

Also he's got a song on Spotify called "I Still Wonder"; his music sounds good with a studio version and all that.
04:03 PM on 01/13/14
Johnnydcp
User Info.
I'm really glad you posted this, even if it's not something I love (although he's good). One of my criticisms of this site over the years has been that not enough new music/great emerging artists are covered, even though that's not to say it's not covered at all (I've learned of many artists through AP.net). I understand that there are and has to be gate keepers who delete lots of random submissions, and that's for the best because quality standards needs to be upheld otherwise I'd be reading hundreds of news entries a day, but I wish there was more of a highlight sometimes on artists/bands like this.

Features like Free Music Friday are great, but there's not much of a spotlight on it, and since anything goes there, it's a bit tedious for the average reader to scour through everything submitted each week. Features like the random interviews are cool, but the questions are usually a bit comical, and I'd really rather just listen to a song right away to see if it captures my interest.

Thanks for posting things like this and for Absoluteexclusives and things like that. I love when I have new things to check out.
05:28 PM on 01/13/14
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
I'm really glad you posted this, even if it's not something I love (although he's good). One of my criticisms of this site over the years has been that not enough new music/great emerging artists are covered, even though that's not to say it's not covered at all (I've learned of many artists through AP.net). I understand that there are and has to be gate keepers who delete lots of random submissions, and that's for the best because quality standards needs to be upheld otherwise I'd be reading hundreds of news entries a day, but I wish there was more of a highlight sometimes on artists/bands like this.

Features like Free Music Friday are great, but there's not much of a spotlight on it, and since anything goes there, it's a bit tedious for the average reader to scour through everything submitted each week. Features like the random interviews are cool, but the questions are usually a bit comical, and I'd really rather just listen to a song right away to see if it captures my interest.

Thanks for posting things like this and for Absoluteexclusives and things like that. I love when I have new things to check out.
They don't post a lot of "unknown" artists because no one looks at them. Check out how many replies even an 'AbsoluteExclusive' post gets if it's for a band that isn't regularly covered.
09:42 PM on 01/13/14
michael17
Steve Van Tine
User Info.
Holy cow man, thank you Jason. Just another reason as to why I love caffeine. I was on this site every day to get through my awkward high school days.. And my awkward college days... Pretty much all my days. But it really is surreal to see myself in a community that's just about the music. I still remember when Fall out boy posted the first track from FUTCT on here and i had to sign up. I owe you guys a lot but really, thank you everyone at ap.net and everyone for the replies.
12:09 PM on 01/14/14
briantalife
Brian Marquis
User Info.
i was intrigued enough to check it out. not a bad video.

his song on spotify is even better http://open.spotify.com/artist/3pFGuiqbg7fh8rmWuyQEMx
10:21 AM on 01/17/14
rodericknj
son, i loved you at your darkest
User Info.
Known Steve for years. Passionate and talented musician. He's written tons of killer songs over the years that simply not enough people have heard.
Really wish more people would support his talent!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests