Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34
01:30 PM on 01/14/14
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Big fan of their EP's but this seems watered down to me... I'll give it another try but it seems uninspired.
02:09 PM on 01/14/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
this review is ace.

"Truth be told, I feel like every compliment I give these guys is supposed to have some sort of backhanded insult. It's not Neck Deep's fault people deride the genre, and it's not really my job to save it. But just because it's pop-punk and it's simple and it's angry, we're supposed to connect in secret."

that really nails everything.
02:28 PM on 01/14/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
this review is ace.

"Truth be told, I feel like every compliment I give these guys is supposed to have some sort of backhanded insult. It's not Neck Deep's fault people deride the genre, and it's not really my job to save it. But just because it's pop-punk and it's simple and it's angry, we're supposed to connect in secret."

that really nails everything.
pride, my man. PRIDE!

also i'm wearing my recently purchased neck deep t-shirt and i want to selfie it but i'm scared it won't get 50 likes!
02:42 PM on 01/14/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
pride, my man. PRIDE!

also i'm wearing my recently purchased neck deep t-shirt and i want to selfie it but i'm scared it won't get 50 likes!
no reason in grammin' it if it's not getting over 50 likes.
02:43 PM on 01/14/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
no reason in grammin' it if it's not getting over 50 likes.
that's what im saying. trying to get my gram game right in '14.
02:51 PM on 01/14/14
JayDanielHammer
then-now-maggle.tumblr.com
User Info.
I love TSSF but hate MO. WHAT DO I DO?!
03:28 PM on 01/14/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
totes, it's a genre that is just better in EP format. But this one is pretty good. Repetitive like all these albums, but still a lot of fun to bop along to.
I actually just listened again and it deifnitely stuck with me this time especially because multiple parts of the record have been stuck in my head all class lol
04:30 PM on 01/14/14
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
and i thought iata would have the worst album cover of the year
04:43 PM on 01/14/14
DanHTM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man this album is shockingly good. I really thought these guys were just a tumblr TSSF knockoff but they've proven me wrong
05:53 PM on 01/14/14
Passion Man
User Info.
I didn't really like their other stuff but I'll give this a chance.
06:46 PM on 01/14/14
OFWGKTA
I'm the #1 Bitch
User Info.
Pretty fun and catchy, some songs are really boring though. 7/10

TSSF is so much better its not even funny
08:10 AM on 01/15/14
Badgers08
U look hot enuff to cook a pizza on
User Info.
This review is great. Sums up my feelings about the album and pop-punk in general.

I think a lot of people's "bashing" of this genre all has to do with their own expectations. If you went into this album expecting it reinvent the genre, you are going to be sorely disappointed with this and most other pop punk releases these days... and there is absolutely nothing wrong with having those expectations or wanting something different. For me personally, I still enjoy catchy pop songs with power chords about girls, so I definitely enjoy this album.
06:54 PM on 01/15/14
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
User Info.
I didn't like this on my first two listens, I like their EP's though.

This tends to happen a lot with pop punk bands that release EP's before their full length. I feel like they just rarely can do what they did on their EP on a full length

But I'm gonna check this out a couple more times maybe it will grow on me! Good review
I agree. In all honesty don't think this band was ready to put out a full length, having repetitive songs is somewhat okay on an EP but when I have trouble figuring out the differences between 12 songs in a row it's much more noticeable.

Admittedly I'm not a fan of this band but I don't hate them either, just kind of indifferent. Overall wasn't a bad album, but nothing special either, it really just made me want to put on The Story So Far instead.
06:42 AM on 01/17/14
WaveUponWave
Six days no sleep
User Info.
Great tunes. Great review. Great.
10:07 AM on 01/18/14
crashking416
Crashking416
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was definitely a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't say it's as solid as similar acts (Story So Far, State Champs, Fireworks) but it's still a very fun listen.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos