AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
11:36 AM on 01/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Also, while I got people wanting to read things -- I really thought this piece was great as well:
A little bit of writerly advice, then: Surgery of any kind is personal, and an expression of entitlement to such detail is invasive at best. It’s as irrelevant to your critical work as asking whether or not Oasis are circumcised.

There are considerations and conventions that non-trans people need to learn. This is not negotiable. We need to know that language can be hostile to trans people, that language can prescribe and enforce the dominant heteronormative discourse, and that we—as cosigners on the social contract that is language—have every right to modify the way we speak about gender and transitioning in order to demarginalize those individuals whose realities are not served by their own tongue.
12:23 PM on 01/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Great read, I also hate Grantland's new layout.
I am also not a fan of some of the design decisions they made. The simplicity of the old one was a huge selling point for me ...
02:22 PM on 01/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
As someone who was not familiar with the old layout, I really loved how they handled the footnotes.
The old ones were better (in the side-bar, better font selection), IMO. But yeah, I do like that they do them at the side.
04:59 PM on 01/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Using the n word and calling Laura, Tom are WAY different! Grow the fuck up, calm down! Your argument is a bust on all angles
Is your goal to just be the absolute worst poster on the site today or something?
05:06 PM on 01/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Stop being so fucking PC! Who I'm I to judge him/her. Just saying anyone has a right to call him/her whatever name they choose depending on the time frame of the band. Chill the fuck out everyone, I don't give a shit if he wanted to change into an elephant. Not my place to judge
So that's a resounding "yes" to my question.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums