AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream Periphery's Clear

Posted by - 12:14 PM on 01/14/14
Stream Periphery's new EP, Clear, in its entirety on Sumerian Records' YouTube - thoughts?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
12:35 PM on 01/14/14
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Fuck, there goes my afternoon. So pumped to hear this!
12:36 PM on 01/14/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
I like it, but I've always liked everything Periphery has done... with Spencer's range they can really accomplish anything... its definitely different... but in a good way.
12:42 PM on 01/14/14
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
for being so good at playing music, this band is really boring.
12:51 PM on 01/14/14
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Can anyone explain the song names to me, and why each member of the band's name is after it?
12:53 PM on 01/14/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Can anyone explain the song names to me, and why each member of the band's name is after it?

"Clear is an experiment to explore all of the different writing styles in the band. It's rare when you have a band where every member is capable of writing and producing music. With each member controlling their own track, this recording enabled us to go down any path we chose in terms of style and sound.

Every track also contains a melodic theme established in Clear's intro track Overture this common thread links all of the songs together, even though they all sound wildly different. Clear shouldn't be confused with our new 3rd full-length album that we're currently working on, nor should it be considered an EP as it rides somewhere in-between clocking in at 30 minutes. Enjoy!"
12:56 PM on 01/14/14
Sanzen
Ricocheting
User Info.
I remember reading something like each track is written by different members, or is influenced by their taste in music. Something to that effect.
01:02 PM on 01/14/14
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
I remember reading something like each track is written by different members, or is influenced by their taste in music. Something to that effect.
Thanks!
01:47 PM on 01/14/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Sorry I had quoted the wrong thing. Fixed, but yeah Sanzen nailed it.

"Clear is an experiment to explore all of the different writing styles in the band. It's rare when you have a band where every member is capable of writing and producing music. With each member controlling their own track, this recording enabled us to go down any path we chose in terms of style and sound."
01:49 PM on 01/14/14
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Really dig that intro song, very different and piano heavy.
02:30 PM on 01/14/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
for being so good at playing music, this band is really boring.
i agree
02:58 PM on 01/14/14
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this caught me by surprise.
05:52 PM on 01/14/14
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Spencer's song is the only one I didn't really like, the rest of this is pretty fucking sweet. I can definitely appreciate the creative spin on the album by having each song written by a different member, definitely a fun project. Their material written as a cohesive unit is much better though IMO, haha.
06:10 PM on 01/14/14
bowbzzz
User Info.
This was cool, but the songs aren't really that different. I was hoping for something a little more.
06:57 PM on 01/14/14
jonah takalua
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums