AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Kevin Devine News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Go Inside Kevin Devine

Posted by - 05:50 PM on 01/14/14
If you like Kevin Devine, you should check out this piece on PropertyofZack -- seriously, that's the pitch.
One thing is, there’s a part of me that thinks I’m not radical enough. That I’m actually worse than someone who is politically ignorant because I have been exposed to all of these things, but I haven’t fully gotten into some extreme way of living. I think it’s been really torturous for some women that I’ve been in relationships with because I’ve had these bouts of “we don’t do enough” for picking the cause. It’s this really vague thing. What I’ve come to realize as I’ve gotten older is that there’s an invisible council in my head. If I am not taking care of myself, no matter what I’m doing, that voice will pop up in my head, even if I’m reading a book, and will say, “Why are you reading that book? It’s the wrong book. You should be reading that book. That book is the real shit. Someone who’s really committed to should be reading that book. An intellectual person wouldn’t be reading this, they’d be reading that.” Apply whatever you want to it, like watching a fucking television show. “You’re watching television? If you were really into fucking making the world a better place you’d throw your television out the fucking window.”

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
06:08 PM on 01/14/14
Ourchestra
User Info.
I'd love to be inside Kevin Devine,
06:16 PM on 01/14/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Thanks for reading in advance, people. This interview was an absolute pleasure to do - reminds me of every reason why I love Kevin's music and how he's such a great guy.

A teaser for next week so you stick with us...Part two of Inside with KD may or may not feature the first US interview in over ten years with a band many of us consider to be one of our favorites...among a lot of other incredible commentary on Kevin!
06:24 PM on 01/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Thanks for reading in advance, people. This interview was an absolute pleasure to do - reminds me of every reason why I love Kevin's music and how he's such a great guy.

A teaser for next week so you stick with us...Part two of Inside with KD may or may not feature the first US interview in over ten years with a band many of us consider to be one of our favorites...among a lot of other incredible commentary on Kevin!
Hope you don't mean Brand New ... cause they've done US interviews within the last 10 years.
06:34 PM on 01/14/14
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
^ - Speaking of whom, I wonder who this might be about:

Quote:
He’s going to book a tour sometime this year that brings out 5,000 people a night...

Who else does Ellis book...?

Also, good read.
06:40 PM on 01/14/14
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
Awesome interview, excited to read part 2.
06:42 PM on 01/14/14
jpmalone4
Avoid Eye Contact Monthly
User Info.
This was cool. Definitely agree with what he says about Bulldozer needing more time to sink in than Bubblegum. At this point I actually like them pretty equally.
06:43 PM on 01/14/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
That was really great, Absolutely love KD
06:43 PM on 01/14/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Hope you don't mean Brand New ... cause they've done US interviews within the last 10 years.

Have they? I've never read a non international one. *a band that rarely ever does US interviews and hasn't in years. Still a good teaser to me!
06:45 PM on 01/14/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
^ - Speaking of whom, I wonder who this might be about:

Who else does Ellis book...?

Also, good read.

Ellis does tons of artists, but: BN KD MO TFB NFG TGUK
06:46 PM on 01/14/14
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
Have they? I've never read a non international one. *a band that rarely ever does US interviews and hasn't in years. Still a good teaser to me!
Well I'll never guess who it is now
06:46 PM on 01/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Only have to go back a couple years to see their Spin interview ... haha, the mothership knows all.
06:50 PM on 01/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Jon Bon Jovi.
06:51 PM on 01/14/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I'm not sure that Kevin was literally talking about a tour that Ellis had booked for 2014. More just that Ellis does actually deal with bands that play huge shows every year (example: Brand New playing Nassau Coliseum in 2009) and that Kevin usually doesn't headline rooms above 500-caps, unless they're in the tri-state area.
06:58 PM on 01/14/14
MalevolentHoff
The Walking Wounded
User Info.
Fantastic job so far Zack! No teaser necessary, this is such a great read, especially about the Capitol deal. So true how the majors always smell blood in the water.

Also, wanted to highlight how classy Kevin is. He's so candid about these events in his life, but is very respectful and never drops a single name, doesn't go into details about some of the dark stuff, etc. Carrabba's quote is great and so true. It's not how you start, but how you finish.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos