AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Morrissey News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Morrissey Signs to Label, Begins New Album Prep

Posted by - 01:21 PM on 01/15/14
Morrissey has signed to Harvest Records and will be releasing his new album in the second half of this year.
He is set to record a new album in France starting on February 1st. Producer is Joe Chiccarelli, and musicians are Boz Boorer (guitar), Jesse Tobias (guitar), Gustavo Manzur (piano), Solomon Walker (bass guitar) and Matt Walker (drums). This will be Morrissey's first album since Years Of Refusal, which was recorded in 2008. Morrissey has been signed by Steve Barnett at Capitol Music.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
01:29 PM on 01/15/14
sammyboy516
User Info.
I really thought I read that he had an album recorded waiting to be released. Guess not
01:36 PM on 01/15/14
Robb
ism
User Info.
And the lead single will almost assuredly be "People Are the Same Everywhere", the weakest song he's done in a while.

On the plus side, hopefully some of the other songs he's been doing live should either make the album or at least be a b-side. "Action Is My Middle Name" is great, as are a few others he's been doing the past couple of years.
01:38 PM on 01/15/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
And the lead single will almost assuredly be "People Are the Same Everywhere", the weakest song he's done in a while.

On the plus side, hopefully some of the other songs he's been doing live should either make the album or at least be a b-side. "Action Is My Middle Name" is great, as are a few others he's been doing the past couple of years.
I think AIMN is a far better single choice.
01:40 PM on 01/15/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I haven't really been a big fan of the recent live songs but Years of Refusal is actually my favourite solo Morrissey release so I'm excited.
01:46 PM on 01/15/14
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
love Years Of Refusal, looking forward to this.
01:53 PM on 01/15/14
Robb
ism
User Info.
I think AIMN is a far better single choice.
Oh, I definitely do, as well. But the way he pushed "People" on talk shows, etc, makes me think it'll be the lead.

If it's not, I will be very pleasantly surprised. (Unless its replacement is equally as forgettable.)
01:54 PM on 01/15/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Oh, I definitely do, as well. But the way he pushed "People" on talk shows, etc, makes me think it'll be the lead.

If it's not, I will be very pleasantly surprised. (Unless its replacement is equally as forgettable.)
I wouldn't mind it alllll new material and not anything we've heard. Haha.
02:06 PM on 01/15/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I wouldn't mind it alllll new material and not anything we've heard. Haha.
likewise. Those songs have been around a while now and I don't think they were all that great anyway.
02:09 PM on 01/15/14
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Good, really really pleased. Glad Boz is still around too.
02:11 PM on 01/15/14
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Stoked.
02:25 PM on 01/15/14
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
Does he even need a label?
03:09 PM on 01/15/14
Robb
ism
User Info.
I also wish Alain was part of this. Boz-written material is often more middle of the road type stuff.
03:25 PM on 01/15/14
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I also wish Alain was part of this. Boz-written material is often more middle of the road type stuff.
Yeah would love him involved too. Made Years of Refusal so great.
04:26 PM on 01/15/14
Robb
ism
User Info.
I haven't listened to "Years" in a while, I need to remedy that. When it came out, it was in my kitchen's CD player for like a year, so I have this association with washing dishes when I hear it. So maybe by now, that association will have diluted a bit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos