Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

Sparrow Sleeps Does The Gaslight Anthem Lullabies

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/18/14)
Sparrow Sleeps has posted up lullaby versions of a variety of The Gaslight Anthem songs.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17.
09:42 PM on 01/18/14
BTBAM777
Big Boy
User Info.
THIS IS SO AWESOME
10:48 PM on 01/18/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Gaslight songs without the lyrics is like getting a vegetable roll at a sushi place.
04:33 AM on 01/19/14
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
Infant Slang. Awesome.
06:26 AM on 01/19/14
CallMeTroy
Fail To Feel
User Info.
Gaslight songs without the lyrics is like getting a vegetable roll at a sushi place.
So you don't like vegetable rolls. Plenty of others do.
06:35 AM on 01/19/14
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Such a quirky idea. Love these so far... Got to start the kids off on the right path!
10:23 AM on 01/19/14
Sean.Murphy
Stay Hungry, Stay Free
User Info.
this is pretty great, the TBS ones sound pretty cool too.
10:28 AM on 01/19/14
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
So you don't like vegetable rolls. Plenty of others do.
Those people are called "wrong."
12:17 PM on 01/19/14
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I remember listening to the Brand New lullabies a while back and they creeped me out.
01:16 PM on 01/19/14
kizwiz
Kizwiz
User Info.
I like the lullabies that he posts but don't really agree with how he charges for them. Just doing simple searches on YouTube can find you plenty of similar piano covers/lullaby renditions of songs. Like just the other day I found this pretty rad piano cover video of a bunch of popular blink-182 songs:
02:31 PM on 01/19/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I like the lullabies that he posts but don't really agree with how he charges for them. Just doing simple searches on YouTube can find you plenty of similar piano covers/lullaby renditions of songs. Like just the other day I found this pretty rad piano cover video of a bunch of popular blink-182 songs:

I just wonder what the legality of selling albums that have cover songs exclusively. I know that bigger releases that sell physical copies definitely pay royalties, but I'm not sure wether this is just so small scale that it doesn't matter or if it's allowed in some way.

I liked the first couple of albums, but by now it's become more and more clear that it's just the melody slowed down and played on a keyboard set to bells and the multiple "lullaby" instruments and tones with the chord progression played as arpeggios. Not saying it isn't cool that he does it or anything, just that it is hardly worth ten bucks.
07:32 PM on 01/19/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's cute in theory, but my kids listen to the actually Gaslight Anthem and have since they've been born. The bands lyrics are kid friendly (I skip some Frank Turner tracks who they also enjoy), and there are a lot of sing along choruses which is easy for them to to have fun with. It's more novel for me to hear these lullabies and be "oh that sounds like a gaslight song". Hope the band gets their respectful cut from the money made off this.

Can't wait for the new record!
08:28 PM on 01/19/14
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
It's cute in theory, but my kids listen to the actually Gaslight Anthem and have since they've been born. The bands lyrics are kid friendly (I skip some Frank Turner tracks who they also enjoy), and there are a lot of sing along choruses which is easy for them to to have fun with. It's more novel for me to hear these lullabies and be "oh that sounds like a gaslight song". Hope the band gets their respectful cut from the money made off this.

Can't wait for the new record!
It's for babies.
11:59 PM on 01/19/14
BTBAM777
Big Boy
User Info.
I was so excited to hear the vocal harmony in the chorus for 45. I wasn't expecting it, but I was hoping.
02:59 AM on 01/20/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have a baby. He'll fall asleep to any music. It's for the parents, because it's being made for a particular audience who think its cool and novel. I'm not saying I don't like or think it's wrong or anything. Just never heard an infant make an official music request.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS