AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Twitter News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Twitter
Inside AP.net

Musicians and Bands Tweet About Kelly Thomas Verdict...

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/18/14)
A variety of musicians and bands have begun speaking out on Twitter about the Kelly Thomas verdict. Will Pugh, of Cartel, stated, "If you care at all about civil liberties, you should be paying attention to the Fullerton PD's actions," and Man Overboard tweeted, "No justice for #KellyThomas means no justice for all American citizens. A sad day in our history. Embarrassing and heartbreaking to witness."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 80
09:31 PM on 01/18/14
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fucking pigs. And one of them has the nerve to ask for his job back
09:36 PM on 01/18/14
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
been following this story since day one....the verdict tore me apart. im hoping this will go to the federal court because there's fucking video evidence that even made the judge feel sick to his stomach.
09:36 PM on 01/18/14
muttley
Drop all your things and go outside
User Info.
Sickening. Evidently murder is legal these days.
09:38 PM on 01/18/14
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
User Info.
That's the country you live in. Only safety is outside the city and away from government and people
09:53 PM on 01/18/14
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Just awful. The video is disturbing.
09:57 PM on 01/18/14
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
While this is extremely depressing, please everyone, let's remember that 99.9% of police officers in the USA are great people who do whatever they can to help out and protect complete strangers, even at great personal cost. They put themselves in danger to stop tragedies before they happen or prevent them from getting worse, sacrificing everything at time. 0.1% are horrible and do this, but don't judge everyone that tried to protect you on this very small minority.

RIP Kelly Thomas. It is a terrible shame this happened and justice has not been served.
10:00 PM on 01/18/14
soadjaeger
User Info.
While this is extremely depressing, please everyone, let's remember that 99.9% of police officers in the USA are great people who do whatever they can to help out and protect complete strangers, even at great personal cost. They put themselves in danger to stop tragedies before they happen or prevent them from getting worse, sacrificing everything at time. 0.1% are horrible and do this, but don't judge everyone that tried to protect you on this very small minority.

RIP Kelly Thomas. It is a terrible shame this happened and justice has not been served.
I hate how lost this idea gets. Police officers are people and just like people most mean well but there are some bad ones and it's always the bad ones that get headlines
10:01 PM on 01/18/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
I only wish I was surprised.
10:04 PM on 01/18/14
randys950
@randys950
User Info.

i respect police officers. alot. i even feel sorry for most of them because alot of people criticize them and call them "jerks" and "shitheads" for only doing what they get paid to do.

but this story is just gross. they deserve to rot in jail
10:13 PM on 01/18/14
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
I know not every police officer is a bad person. But enough are where police brutality is a massive issue that faces almost no repercussions. This is disgusting.
10:18 PM on 01/18/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
I know not every police officer is a bad person. But enough are where police brutality is a massive issue that faces almost no repercussions. This is disgusting.
This. Not to mention the fact that a good amount of law enforcement officers in this country treat homeless people and those with psychological issues as second-class citizens.
10:22 PM on 01/18/14
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
I'm so glad people are paying attention to this case. It's been huge locally, and I'm hoping more and more people take notice of what really went on.
10:33 PM on 01/18/14
Intotheunkn0wn
User Info.

very well put!
11:09 PM on 01/18/14
Mikey Switz
User Info.
So incredibly fucked up. This is fucking insane, video evidence of the man's obvious compliance and charges dropped? Fuck the judge on this case and all officers involved in the beating. "Involuntary man slaughter" bullshit. Shit pissesme off so much. God damn it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests