AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hopeless Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Long Live We Are The In Crowd

Posted by - 10:12 PM on 01/19/14
Stream We Are The In Crowd's new single, "Long Live the Kids," in the replies. It's now available on iTunes.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 44
10:12 PM on 01/19/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
10:35 PM on 01/19/14
TDenverFan
User Info.
A little different than what I expected. Not bad, not great
10:41 PM on 01/19/14
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
odd that this is the opener. nice to hear a little bit of jordan, though.
11:12 PM on 01/19/14
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
God I love Tay's voice.
11:16 PM on 01/19/14
Passion Man
User Info.
This is going to be their best album yet. I just wish more people would give them a real chance, instead of just seeing them as a band that writes a couple catchy tracks and nothing more. I wish there would be multiple pages on this band. This band deserves this. What a fantastic opener...exciting buildup, not what I expected at all. Good message, too.
12:08 AM on 01/20/14
RichardThinks
User Info.
Probably Tay's best vocal performance yet. Very stoked for this album.
12:10 AM on 01/20/14
SmileWithASmirk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is going to be their best album yet. I just wish more people would give them a real chance, instead of just seeing them as a band that writes a couple catchy tracks and nothing more. I wish there would be multiple pages on this band. This band deserves this. What a fantastic opener...exciting buildup, not what I expected at all. Good message, too.
I think most people see this band for what they are. A good band that's wrote a couple of catchy tunes. Sadly it will stay that way until they put out something with more lasting value.
12:14 AM on 01/20/14
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Awesome song! Tay sounds fantastic, and glad Jordan is still singing some.

At first I thought it was a little subdued for an opener, but man does it get you psyched by the end.

Also, it oddly flows really well into Best Thing.
12:40 AM on 01/20/14
Passion Man
User Info.
I think most people see this band for what they are. A good band that's wrote a couple of catchy tunes. Sadly it will stay that way until they put out something with more lasting value.
this track, "attention" or "the best thing (that never happened)", aren't of lasting value? Best songs they have done by far, with even more value besides simply being catchy. So much energy and emotion to these songs.
12:48 AM on 01/20/14
stopshootrepeat
Pro Slacker
User Info.
this track, "attention" or "the best thing (that never happened)", aren't of lasting value? Best songs they have done by far, with even more value besides simply being catchy. So much energy and emotion to these songs.

They really don't have much value besides their catchiness, their lyrics aren't that heartfelt or special (especially the best thing, which really has no lyric of substance) Still a good band for when you're not looking for something deep.

Not a fan of this track though.
12:55 AM on 01/20/14
Passion Man
User Info.
They really don't have much value besides their catchiness, their lyrics aren't that heartfelt or special (especially the best thing, which really has no lyric of substance) Still a good band for when you're not looking for something deep.

Not a fan of this track though.
"Hang on, be strong, long live the kids in us all"

"We're all just weird kids in the end. I know the way I want to be, but I'm trapped in who I am. The only thing that holds me back is not believing"

"I'm the best thing that never happened to ya" " NEVER NEVER NEVER" the way she sings it with such force makes the lyrics deeper, in this example.
01:03 AM on 01/20/14
Passion Man
User Info.
how can you not be a fan of this track!? they're clearing trying here. Ugh. It reminds me of MCR's "Welcome to the Black Parade"
01:09 AM on 01/20/14
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
"Hang on, be strong, long live the kids in us all"

"We're all just weird kids in the end. I know the way I want to be, but I'm trapped in who I am. The only thing that holds me back is not believing"

"I'm the best thing that never happened to ya" " NEVER NEVER NEVER" the way she sings it with such force makes the lyrics deeper, in this example.
I'm sorry, while you may think these lyrics are deeply emotional based on your ties to the band and how they have affected you in the past and present, they are not nearly as revolutionary and everlasting as you believe. These motifs have been expressed in a similar fashion many times before. That being said, I'm really enjoying the song.
01:10 AM on 01/20/14
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
I'm sorry, while you may think these lyrics are deeply emotional based on your ties to the band and how they have affected you in the past and present, they are not nearly as revolutionary and everlasting as you believe. These motifs have been expressed in a similar fashion many times before. That being said, I'm really enjoying the song.
Much better than the single. I'm excited for the album. Gonna compete with Yellowcard and Driver Friendly for Hopeless Records' AOTY, I know it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos