AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rise Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream New Of Mice & Men Record

Posted by - 11:19 PM on 01/20/14
You can stream Restoring Force, the brand new record from Of Mice & Men, courtesy of iTunes Music. This record was included in our recent "Most Anticipated Albums of 2014" feature. What do you think of the record?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 106
11:27 PM on 01/20/14
LanzGodly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like it.
11:30 PM on 01/20/14
Stouffs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If iTunes could work, I would be so happy.
11:33 PM on 01/20/14
JPA917
@JPA05
User Info.
Ehhhhh so far
11:34 PM on 01/20/14
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Scared to hear this. I find the new singles so boring.
Shayley's absence was painfully apparent in those- his voice was what made the band unique- take that away and add Austin's new (pointless) vocal style and... Well... Just meh.

Will listen later, though, because I'm genuinely curious to see how everything else sounds. I wonder if the rest of their fanbase take kindly to the new music, or if it is just as polarizing for them as it is for me.
11:36 PM on 01/20/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
Scared to hear this. I find the new singles so boring.
Shayley's absence was painfully apparent in those- his voice was what made the band unique- take that away and add Austin's new (pointless) vocal style and... Well... Just meh.

Will listen later, though, because I'm genuinely curious to see how everything else sounds. I wonder if the rest of their fanbase take kindly to the new music, or if it is just as polarizing for them as it is for me.
I really liked Bones Exposed.
11:43 PM on 01/20/14
purestoicism
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's alright. I doesn't sound like Of Mice and Men anymore though. Every song sounds like Jamie's Elsewhere + Nu Metal feat. Austin Carlile. Also not a fan of Austin's new vocal style. It's a lot less screaming and a lot more aggressive talking.
11:52 PM on 01/20/14
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
I really liked Bones Exposed.
It has it's moments but overall it's only ever an okay track. You're Not Alone is clearly the worse of them both though- it's lyrics and chorus are just dreadful.
11:57 PM on 01/20/14
Roton7
so i herd u liek roton7??
User Info.
I paused Schoolboy Q to listen to this, which was a mistake
11:58 PM on 01/20/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
I paused Schoolboy Q to listen to this, which was a mistake

SOOOO SORRY TO INTERRUPT...PROCEED.
12:03 AM on 01/21/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Is 2014 really that dried up that this record is on a "most anticipated" list for someone over 12? The debut was pretty ok, but they haven't captured that magic since and Shayley's departure is painfully obvious on this one. Feels like it couldn't decide wether it wanted to be a Nu metal Sempiternal or a To Write Love On Her Arms promo set to breakdowns.
12:06 AM on 01/21/14
jlinitz
Johnny B
User Info.
Pleasantly surprised so far

Edit: "You Make Me Sick" made me sick, god that song was awful, worse than "You're Not Alone"
12:08 AM on 01/21/14
SmileWithASmirk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man... Really wanted to like this record. I mean , it's not bad , it's just ok and I guess that's the problem.
12:29 AM on 01/21/14
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
12:30 AM on 01/21/14
SourStuff
Five Body Blade Vocalist
User Info.
Wow. All you of you sound like high nosed elitists. This record crushes. I like how they've changed away from "the scene" and I'm refreshed by the different influences I hear. I always wanted them to stretch out more and widen their sound. Never dreamed I'd hear 90's Tool on some of these tracks. I'm digging it. Enjoy being another samefag repeating "it's just ok", "ehhhh", and "Wahhhh Shayley" he's in another band. Go listen to that instead if you're so unhappy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos