Username
Password
Kevin Devine News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Kevin Devine
Inside AP.net

Inside Kevin Devine: Part Two

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (01/21/14)
The second "Inside Kevin Devine" feature has been posted via PropertyOfZack. Jesse Lacey, Andy Hull, The God Damn Band, and many others provide commentary.
So I met Kevin eventually at an outdoor show we played together, and I think Miracle had already kind of split up, and he was this kind of crazy twitchy kid who was really good at guitar and sang solo on stage at hardcore and emo shows around New York. So then we were friends, and that was that. I donít know how things go from there, but I do know that watching Kevin over the years, Iíve realized that while I or other musicians I know had to develop something, Kevin seemed always capable of everything. He always listened to cool music, and he could always write and play cool music, and it never seemed weakened by his lack of experience or age. I think his efficiency in the studio has developed, but his ability, and not to mention the ability of all the people he always seemed to play with, has always been uncommonly good.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
01:32 PM on 01/21/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Why yes, this piece is one billion words. Semi-sorry to anyone if this is too long of a read, but it's meant to not be an interview, more of just...you're sitting down with a beer or cup of coffee and reading about a musician you love.

The commentary in here from all parties is awesome, and it's of course an honor that Jesse, Andy, and some others took part in this.
01:36 PM on 01/21/14
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
Why yes, this piece is one billion words. Semi-sorry to anyone if this is too long of a read, but it's meant to not be an interview, more of just...you're sitting down with a beer or cup of coffee and reading about a musician you love.

The commentary in here from all parties is awesome, and it's of course an honor that Jesse, Andy, and some others took part in this.
Seriously, this thing takes up like 12 Word pages, and so does part two, so it's a marathon, not a sprint, haha.
02:09 PM on 01/21/14
ACA
pm if you want to meet at Riot-Chi
User Info.
loved the first one
02:20 PM on 01/21/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
PS, cool snippet - Vin from BN was almost in Bad Books (check out the last paragraph from Andy)
03:49 PM on 01/21/14
Kixur413
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very cool interview! I did notice, however that you had Andy Hull talking about Favorite Gentlemen and Jeremiah twice. The same paragraph repeated. The one that starts like; "Basically, when we signed our deal with Columbia, we signed as Favorite Gentlemen instead of necessarily Manchester..." it's in there twice.
05:59 PM on 01/21/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Very cool interview! I did notice, however that you had Andy Hull talking about Favorite Gentlemen and Jeremiah twice. The same paragraph repeated. The one that starts like; "Basically, when we signed our deal with Columbia, we signed as Favorite Gentlemen instead of necessarily Manchester..." it's in there twice.
We fixed it! Thank you
09:34 PM on 01/21/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Man that was great just like the first piece.

Kevin seems like the best dude honestly. Reading about anyones experience in the music industry is always really awesome and interesting.
06:31 AM on 01/22/14
bunneh.
make moves, son
User Info.
Pretty neat to see his story played out from the eyes of others.
07:48 AM on 01/22/14
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
Really cool Read. Thanks for the time put into it Zack.
07:56 AM on 01/22/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Really cool Read. Thanks for the time put into it Zack.
Thanks for reading!
12:47 PM on 01/22/14
absolution
User Info.
This is great, Zack. Did you see Kevin at the Bell House w/ Brand New? You did, right?
12:48 PM on 01/22/14
absolution
User Info.
Now i'm going to have to dig up my old Weston records
05:20 PM on 01/22/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
This is great, Zack. Did you see Kevin at the Bell House w/ Brand New? You did, right?
I was lucky enough to make it to all three Brand New shows on the East Coast! So yes, I was indeed there. That was maybe a top 5 Kevin performance to me. It felt very easy and natural, and the crowd was very into it. Was just a great night. I've seen Kevin 12 times though (not including Bad Books), so I'm not sure if I can say that was a top 5 time.
06:49 PM on 01/22/14
absolution
User Info.
I was lucky enough to make it to all three Brand New shows on the East Coast! So yes, I was indeed there. That was maybe a top 5 Kevin performance to me. It felt very easy and natural, and the crowd was very into it. Was just a great night. I've seen Kevin 12 times though (not including Bad Books), so I'm not sure if I can say that was a top 5 time.
I was on the right hand side during Kevin's set and the crowd did not feel AS into it as they should have been.
Did you see the Webster Hall album shows? That would have to be my top Kevin show. He was amazing on the mwY tour as well
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums