Username
Password
The Format News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Format
Inside AP.net

"Dog Problems" Vinyl Delay

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/22/14)
The Format's Dog Problems on vinyl has been delayed.
First of all, we are so sorry for the delay on the Dog Problems vinyl. I promise we’ve been doing our best to keep everyone up to speed, but sometimes information is hard to come by. So here’s the deal..

Early on in the Dog Problems project we had a couple issues with the die-cuts and dog bowl etching. Both caused a slight delay, but were resolved quick and things were looking good. Then last Thursday, the records showed up and I was totally blown away.. until I looked a little closer. Both the die-cut and etching were still bad. We spent so much time and effort making sure these turned out as cool as possible, I couldn’t stand the thought of sending out records with such major imperfections. We reached out to the manufacturers and they very quickly (and nicely) took action to figure out what happened. Long story short, the original (incorrect) plates and cuts were used, so because of this, they have taken full responsibility and offered to run new batch. This obviously makes us very happy.

So what does this mean to you?

They are anticipating having the records done by the 31st, which means we could get them within a week or so later. I’m going to guess, based on previous shipments, we’ll probably be able to begin shipping no-later than Feb 10th, but as always, we won’t know for sure, until we know for sure. Updates will most definitely be passed along as we get them.

What else?

Nate and I have decided we want to throw in a extra little gift (Shipped with Dog Problems) to everyone who pre-ordered the record. This is still to be determined, but it will be our way of saying sorry. We want everyone to walk away from this happy and not have any hard feelings :)

More info in the coming weeks. THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU for being so ridiculously patient throughout all of this.

Talk soon!

Sam

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
08:53 PM on 01/22/14
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Again?
10:40 PM on 01/22/14
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
User Info.
I've waited forever, I can wait a little longer. And an extra little gift? Yes, please.
11:07 PM on 01/22/14
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
I've waited forever, I can wait a little longer. And an extra little gift? Yes, please.
exactly. at this point, i'd rather it be perfect and get something extra for waiting.
11:31 PM on 01/22/14
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
No problem with this at all... So glad they're keeping everyone up to date as well.
07:38 AM on 01/23/14
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.

exactly. at this point, i'd rather it be perfect and get something extra for waiting.

This is the only mentality to have. No issue with this at all.
07:43 AM on 01/23/14
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
I wish I could afford the shipping for when this eventually does come out.
07:59 AM on 01/23/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
This is the only mentality to have. No issue with this at all.
nice to see people taking this mindset over the alternative
08:06 AM on 01/23/14
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
I think the Mightier than Sword records fiasco kind of scared fans with the "delay" thing

Communication goes a long way. Kudos to Sam
08:13 AM on 01/23/14
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
Meh. I'm not excited about another delay. However, I have to hand it to Sam and the merch company on how they're communicating to their customers about what's going on, why, and what the ETA is. It's so, so, so much better than some of the record companies I've seen that keep delaying shit without reason. Or worse, the shipping date comes and goes and no one gets a record and no one from the company returns an email, and then you don't see your record for nine months (if ever.)
08:14 AM on 01/23/14
Griff
It's getting fucking dark.
User Info.
Ive waited this long already, I'm not concerned
08:26 AM on 01/23/14
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Hope the girl that bought my original pressing on here is still diggin it
09:02 AM on 01/23/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
cool they are throwing in a "we are sorry" surprise
09:07 AM on 01/23/14
wearefriends
User Info.
sounds fine for me. every once in a while i remember i pre ordered this months and months ago and get excited!
10:21 AM on 01/23/14
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
not really that big of a deal, like others are saying I'd rather wait extra and have a better product.

the communication and openness about the reasons for the delay help a lot too. at least we're being given a reasonable explanation for it
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests