Username
Password
Acoustic News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Acoustic
Inside AP.net

What Do We Know About Bob Dylan?

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/23/14)
Tom Junod, writing for Esquire, pens a great piece on the mysteries and career of Bob Dylan:
It's quite a trick. Dylan's public career began at the dawn of the age of total disclosure and has continued into the dawn of the age of total surveillance; he has ended up protecting his privacy at a time when privacy itself is up for grabs. But his claim to privacy is compelling precisely because it's no less enigmatic and paradoxical than any other claim he's made over the years. Yes, it's important to him—"of the utmost importance, of paramount importance," says his friend Ronee Blakley, the Nashville star who sang with Dylan on his Rolling Thunder tour. And yes, the importance of his privacy is the one lesson he has deigned to teach, to the extent that his friends Robbie Robertson and T Bone Burnett have absorbed it into their own lives. "They both have learned from him," says Jonathan Taplin, who was the Band's road manager and is now a professor at the University of Southern California. "They've learned how to keep private, and they lead very private lives. That's the school of Bob Dylan—the smart guys who work with him learn from him. Robbie's very private. And T Bone is so private, he changes his e-mail address every three or four weeks."

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
10:48 AM on 01/23/14
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Tom is literally one of the best living American writers.
11:02 AM on 01/23/14
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
if anyone's a fan of bob dylans you should check out that movie inside llewyn davis. such a great story
11:30 AM on 01/23/14
jpmalone4
5 Meowmeowbeenz
User Info.
I just picked up the "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan" on CD from my library today and it has the liner notes from the original analog release in it. He was only like 21 or 22 and he talks about each song on the album and some personal philosophies. It's blowing my mind.
02:50 AM on 01/24/14
greganddistance
User Info.
i loved this article. so much.
04:52 AM on 01/24/14
lynntina3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thanks dude!!!!!!!!!!!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE