Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 57.
12:32 PM on 01/24/14
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Great review, Drew!

As for the album, it's definitely their best release. I'd be shocked if it's not one of the top two or three albums of the year for me.
01:07 PM on 01/24/14
BTBAM777
Big Boy
User Info.
This review is so on point. I can't believe the criticism this has gotten musically. I think it's great, and really important. I hope this album goes down in history, and I hope people start to care about this album as much as I do.
01:11 PM on 01/24/14
The_Effort
User Info.
Great review! You approached the parts that regarded Laura and the trans* community in a positive and respectful way.

Picked this up on Tuesday and I've really been enjoying it so far. Never been too into any of their albums, but this is probably gonna make me revisit their catalog.
01:21 PM on 01/24/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This album is really great and really important. Good review

I've listened to it a countless amount of times since I got it after seeing them.

While the band is at a completely different point in their career than let's say when New Wave came out, they're doing really great things and they're still amazing live.

I don't know if I'd say this is my favorite AM! album but it's definitely the most important one
02:19 PM on 01/24/14
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
I absolutely love this album.
03:21 PM on 01/24/14
mynameisandyjoe
User Info.
To everyone complaining about the mixing and quality, Laura Jane Grace has said in several interviews that they were aiming to create a more raw sounding record. Sorry if that may be disappointing to some, but I feel as if they accomplished that head on.
04:18 PM on 01/24/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Good review, amazing record.
04:18 PM on 01/24/14
PlanetDahmz
User Info.
Only one listen in, but I'll be damned if this doesn't turn out to be my favorite AM! album.
04:36 PM on 01/24/14
rjshupe
Agent Salty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't disagree that it's an important album but I refuse to buy into the "greatness" for the sake of supporting transgender issues (which I do support). For me it's just not that great musically. It's not even close to being their best work. By this band's standards I just think it's average. I appreciate the honesty and the passion but there just aren't enough melodies to keep me interested past a few listens.
05:31 PM on 01/24/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
I don't disagree that it's an important album but I refuse to buy into the "greatness" for the sake of supporting transgender issues (which I do support). For me it's just not that great musically. It's not even close to being their best work. By this band's standards I just think it's average. I appreciate the honesty and the passion but there just aren't enough melodies to keep me interested past a few listens.
I'm not sure anyone praising it has said they are because it's for the sake of supporting transgender people? I genuinely enjoy this albums music, without bringing that into play.
05:33 PM on 01/24/14
pnkhrdwndr
User Info.
I'm surprised they released this with an edited cover
05:36 PM on 01/24/14
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
Great review, Drew. This album has rekindled my interest in punk music, as it had waned in the past few months. There's so much passion on this album, it's incredible. Possibly my favorite album they've done, though I don't want to speak too soon.
06:30 PM on 01/24/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
To everyone complaining about the mixing and quality, Laura Jane Grace has said in several interviews that they were aiming to create a more raw sounding record. Sorry if that may be disappointing to some, but I feel as if they accomplished that head on.
My thoughts exactly. While the production icould be improved, it hardly takes away from the record (in this case). Along the same lines of what Jason said in the Manchester thread:

"The last album was too polished! Gross!"
"This record is too raw! Eww!"
09:11 PM on 01/24/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Surprised at how low the member scores are on this...expected it to be mid-80's all around, at least.
09:12 PM on 01/24/14
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
Really good album. While I agree that it might be the "best" AM! album I don't know if it will be my favorite, if that makes any sense.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums