AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 57 of 57.
11:13 PM on 01/24/14
lostmeandering
User Info.
incredible album. does god bless your transsexual heart? lovelovelove.
05:29 AM on 01/25/14
fobmcrafi6
down with the fad
User Info.
Has anyone seen the movie Hedwig and the Angry Inch? This album reminds me of Hedwig's struggle. Need to get this album.
01:48 PM on 01/26/14
mynameisandyjoe
User Info.
My thoughts exactly. While the production icould be improved, it hardly takes away from the record (in this case). Along the same lines of what Jason said in the Manchester thread:

"The last album was too polished! Gross!"
"This record is too raw! Eww!"
Exactly. I understand that someone is always going to have something negative to say about a record, but in this case, that was the aim, and even from the uninformed person, it hardly takes anything away from the record.
07:20 AM on 01/27/14
boobacat
\_(ツ)_/
User Info.
Nice review Drew. Love this album, don't know if I'd go quite as high as a 9/10, but it's a really great and obviously very important record.
01:31 PM on 01/27/14
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
I'm liking this album a lot more than I expected. So damn catchy.
07:58 AM on 01/29/14
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
I am pretty mixed on this record. I think the lyrics are excellent and the message is powerful, but it's too short and there's some throwaway songs including a few I straight up don't like. I don't love the production, and I think songs like fuckmylife666 worked a lot better as sincere acoustic renditions. It's a good, solid record from one of my all time favorite bands, but it would probably only get a 7.75 or so from me.
09:43 AM on 01/29/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I am pretty mixed on this record. I think the lyrics are excellent and the message is powerful, but it's too short and there's some throwaway songs including a few I straight up don't like. I don't love the production, and I think songs like fuckmylife666 worked a lot better as sincere acoustic renditions. It's a good, solid record from one of my all time favorite bands, but it would probably only get a 7.75 or so from me.
Do you think part of the reason it works for a lot of people could be because it's their first exposure to the band? As someone who was only a casual listener, I'm inclined to think that might not be familiar enough with the rest of their discog and love it because it's not really in any context. Obviously, that's not the case for everyone because Drew loved it, but I was just curious about what you thought.
02:05 PM on 01/29/14
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
Do you think part of the reason it works for a lot of people could be because it's their first exposure to the band? As someone who was only a casual listener, I'm inclined to think that might not be familiar enough with the rest of their discog and love it because it's not really in any context. Obviously, that's not the case for everyone because Drew loved it, but I was just curious about what you thought.
Could be the case. It's a pretty sizeable departure from their earlier stuff, and it's even a lot different than white crosses. I can see it.
12:47 AM on 01/30/14
StreetcarRock
King of Donairs
User Info.
Such a great album. I've been waiting for this thing for years, and it did not disappoint one bit.
09:21 AM on 01/31/14
pilot_light_out
five year old panty shot
User Info.
Has anyone seen the movie Hedwig and the Angry Inch? This album reminds me of Hedwig's struggle. Need to get this album.

One of my favorite movies. Very punk and beautiful.
10:15 PM on 02/14/14
CircaSin
The All-New 2014 Corolla
User Info.
Last album was def a step backwards. This is a leap forwards.

The complaints about the production must be craving the over-produced last album.
11:57 PM on 04/04/14
Ravnwood
User Info.
love this album!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music