AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 58.
08:02 PM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Drew, do you and Jason not work in LA anymore?
I've lived in Portland since like 2005.
08:02 PM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
In regards to the the "big band from our scene releasing their own" - isn't that exactly what Circa just did with vinyl?
How'd that work?
08:12 PM on 01/24/14
Kyle Thrash
https://twitter.com/thrash_itup
User Info.
I've lived in Portland since like 2005.

Huh, I thought you guys were working out of the Buzznet offices?
08:13 PM on 01/24/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
There's absolutely nothing interesting about Real Friends' sound.
08:24 PM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Huh, I thought you guys were working out of the Buzznet offices?
Nah, I've never worked out of them.
10:26 PM on 01/24/14
XLT917
We're never dead unless we give up.
User Info.
I really think Relient K can easily recover from Collapsible Lung. (I realize it's my avatar but I'm just too lazy to change it.)
10:30 PM on 01/24/14
Greg
User Info.
I really think Relient K can easily recover from Collapsible Lung. (I realize it's my avatar but I'm just too lazy to change it.)

I think they could recover. They certainly have enough prior albums that were good. But the more I hear them talk about CL and where their heads are at I am worried that they don't understand why CL got the reaction it did. Which could lead us to another album with the same issues.
11:32 PM on 01/24/14
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
I think they botched it. The record leaked 2-3 weeks early and they didn't combat it by putting the music up online early and asking them to support it. That's off the point, but it still frustrates me 18 months later.
nah they released it early digitally if memory serves me correctly
05:36 AM on 01/25/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Casey Liss, host on Accidental Tech Podcast. There's an ongoing joke.

ATP.fm
Sigh, he truly is just like Casey.
08:20 AM on 01/25/14
JGG
User Info.
I feel the other hosts need a mute button for me that they can remotely trigger when I start ranting about bands that should be popular and aren't.
Hey Jason, I have an idea for something you could discuss on a podcast if you wanted to: Have you ever skipped over some deep cuts on an album, only to go back and re - visit them later and really enjoy them?
As a kid, I used to put only the "good" songs on my iPod, and missed out on a lot of good songs I've since re-visited!
11:32 AM on 01/25/14
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
In regards to the the "big band from our scene releasing their own" - isn't that exactly what Circa just did with vinyl?
That's what I thought of too. It was nice just downloading a $5 zip from their website. No idea how much money they made/saved doing it that way, though.
11:59 AM on 01/25/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hey Jason, I have an idea for something you could discuss on a podcast if you wanted to: Have you ever skipped over some deep cuts on an album, only to go back and re - visit them later and really enjoy them?
As a kid, I used to put only the "good" songs on my iPod, and missed out on a lot of good songs I've since re-visited!
I like this idea, I'm a huge album fan though -- I listen to things straight through 99% of the time.
12:37 PM on 01/25/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think they botched it. The record leaked 2-3 weeks early and they didn't combat it by putting the music up online early and asking them to support it. That's off the point, but it still frustrates me 18 months later.
I was actually referencing the vinyl reissues
12:38 PM on 01/25/14
JGG
User Info.
I like this idea, I'm a huge album fan though -- I listen to things straight through 99% of the time.
Yeah, I do too now, but it's yours if you wanna use it! I enjoy the podcast!
12:53 PM on 01/25/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
When I was younger (up until 16 maybe) I made tons of playlists and mixed songs throughout. But since then, total album person. Cool idea though, I think
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests