AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Oasis News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Noel Gallagher Reviews Oasis' Music Videos

Posted by - 12:33 PM on 01/24/14
Noel Gallagher recently did some DVD commentary on Oasis' music video catalog. In true Noel fashion: the commentary makes it abundantly clear throughout that he isn't a big fan of their videos. Check out the edited together clip of the commentary in the replies.

Submitted by rbf737

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 52
12:33 PM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
12:50 PM on 01/24/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
The commentary reiterates the fact that Noel Gallagher is a pretentious, entitled, jerk who made some great music in the 90's. I wish their music wasn't so good, I'd love to hate this band.
12:53 PM on 01/24/14
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
hahaha this is truly hilarious
12:58 PM on 01/24/14
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The commentary reiterates the fact that Noel Gallagher is a pretentious, entitled, jerk who made some great music in the 90's. I wish their music wasn't so good, I'd love to hate this band.
You clearly don't get his sense of humor. Hilarious commentary.
01:00 PM on 01/24/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
You clearly don't get his sense of humor. Hilarious commentary.
It's probably because it's hard to believe this guy has a sense of humor.
01:10 PM on 01/24/14
Physhmunkie
I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child
User Info.
"is that a man with legs made of sausages? that's not real!"

i'm dying. lmao
01:20 PM on 01/24/14
sergioisevil
User Info.
It's probably because it's hard to believe this guy has a sense of humor.
What are you even talking about? I get that you don't like Noel, but this isn't really even about him. The man has proven numerous times that he's hilarious and that's the focus of this video.
01:23 PM on 01/24/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
What are you even talking about? I get that you don't like Noel, but this isn't really even about him. The man has proven numerous times that he's hilarious and that's the focus of this video.
It's exactly what I said. I understand that he's meant to be joking, but it's just hard for me to get over the fact that it's him cracking jokes. He seems like such a cynical person all of the time, it's a weird concept for me to wrap my head around. I didn't know it was a well-known fact that he was a funny person, honestly
01:40 PM on 01/24/14
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
Ah, Noel. My hero.
Definitely Maybe was one of the first cds I bought when I was 10. Not long after I bought a guitar and have been with music ever since.
Some may call him cynical and an asshole, but really he's a genius. Everything he says, regardless of how pretentious or arrogant it is, is always spot on. His Rolling Stone article last month reviewing the music of 2013 was pure gold.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
It's exactly what I said. I understand that he's meant to be joking, but it's just hard for me to get over the fact that it's him cracking jokes. He seems like such a cynical person all of the time, it's a weird concept for me to wrap my head around. I didn't know it was a well-known fact that he was a funny person, honestly
That's really quite odd to me considering you seem to be a fan of the band. Liam is the idiot who takes himself far too seriously, Noel has always been the one to poke fun at himself and others in a more jest-filled way. At one point in time he was working on a script for a sitcom even, a couple years back.

I love Noel and always have, sure he's no-nonsense, but with a sense of understanding and cheekiness unlike Liam who is just a fool.
kianacarly
Your silence does not protect you
User Info.
Ngl I know a lot of people get annoyed by the Gallagher brothers but sometimes their complaints are spot on. Idk I find them endearing. They can both be annoying and pretentious but I guess I just roll my eyes because it's so typical. Liam can be douchey though. Also their music is great so there's that. I can't watch the video yet so idk rambling over
01:58 PM on 01/24/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
That's really quite odd to me considering you seem to be a fan of the band. Liam is the idiot who takes himself far too seriously, Noel has always been the one to poke fun at himself and others in a more jest-filled way. At one point in time he was working on a script for a sitcom even, a couple years back.

I love Noel and always have, sure he's no-nonsense, but with a sense of understanding and cheekiness unlike Liam who is just a fool.
You're right I am a fan of the music. I guess maybe I'm not as familiar with the drama as I thought I was. I always thought Noel was the bigger jerk of the two, maybe I'm wrong.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Just finished watching this and it's fucking hilarious. To hear him joke and laugh about it and offer up negatives to his normal tongue-in-cheek grandiose statements about Oasis is so so funny and interesting haha.

"fookin' 'ellll"
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
You're right I am a fan of the music. I guess maybe I'm not as familiar with the drama as I thought I was. I always thought Noel was the bigger jerk of the two, maybe I'm wrong.
Definitely wrong. Noel is pretty great and hilarious/interesting. Liam is a royal prick.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos